Chapter 19: The Guardian

Emily was extremely annoyed when she saw Brianna there with Tom

Emily was extremely annoyed when she saw Brianna there with Tom. Of course, she had wished it was just the both of them like the two years before. Why did he had to bring her? She thought angrily.

She sat down quietly across him and started searching the shelves. "Advance Charms.." she murmured and flipped through the pages. It wavered out the old, bookish smell and Emily squinted her eyes to read the printed writing.

Emily picked another book, all of them related to Charms and tried to divert her attrention to all her charms. Surely she can produce a patronus.. The way Professor Frenet had described it!

"I await a guardian.." she traced the letters on the parchment.

"What did you said?" Brianna questioned her after she was busy talking to Tom.

"I await a guardian?"

She laughed. "Silly girl, such nonsense! The patronus charm is one of the worst spells out there. It doesn't even help you attack your enemies, much less protect you from harm! Before you can even produce a patronus, the killing curse will reach you and you'll be dead!"

Tom smirked." That's a good point."

"I want to learn it. Can you teach me?"Emily said softly.

"I suggest you don't learn it, it's a waste of time," Brianna mocked her, "isn't that right, Tom?"

"Obviously. Forget it, Emily," he waved her off and continued discussing some artefacts with Brianna.

Yep, she seriously was starting to dislike her very much. The patronus charm was one of the most magical spell she had ever heard about..

"I'm still going to learn it," she said stubbornly, "You can don't teach me. I'm going to learn it by myself," Emily stood up and gathered her books.

"Where are you going?" Tom grabbed her wrist firmly. She yanked it back, hurt, and took her backpack.

"I'm going to find a friend.." she hurriedly went out the library. That wretch girl! Maybe if she hadn't spoke then he'll teach her! Tom knew how to do everything at ease. Who is she going to seek for help now?

"Stupid, isn't she? Why are you friends with her, Tom?" Brianna examined her fingernails casually.

"She'll soon realise that I don't really care about her.." Tom smiled coldly and wrote his answers down and packed his things too.

He shoved his hands into his robes while Brianna smirked slyly and followed him back to the dormitory.

While she was ahead of him a little, he slipped a library book into his backpack and strolled away.

*******
"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Emily shouted and jabbed her wand in the air aimlessly and sighed as nothing happened. She tried thinking of Patty her cat, her mother and father, her friends but it wasn't powerful enough. She still hadn't give up after weeks of practice.