Chapter 22: Good Luck

"It's quidditch time! Connor is playing for seeker! Come on, Emily! Stop brushing your cat's fur!" Chloe urged her to quickly get dress to see the match

"Yeah - I'll kick his arse if he doesn't catch the snitch!" Julia laughed a bit and quickly packed some yellow and black flags.

Emily fiddled with her hair and tied a scarlet bow at the back of it. She took a flag and hide it into her robes.

Rebecca helped prepared some snacks while they were spectating. Emily had took an old binoculars from her mom, which Mrs Vance used to watch her father while he played quidditch.

They all hurried and grabbed some toast that had some creamy cheese and tomatoes on it.

"See? People are arriving!" Chloe pointed towards the quidditch pitch, waggling her forefinger.

"I suppose its starting in thirty minutes.. Let's go wish our seeker first, shall we?" Julia insisted and they made their way towards the tents, and found the group of hufflepuffs gathered together, their captain giving them a lecture.

"Connor!" Rebecca whispered loudly and poked his back.

"Hey guys! Bit nervous here.." he scratched his head and rubbed his hands onto his robes. Emily assumed they were very sweaty.

"You'd better catch that snitch, alright?" Julia shoved his shoulder playfully.

"I'll try my best.. You know the Gryffindor is very well trained, I might not -" Connor's voice faltered, "Perhaps I won't make it."

"You will! You must have confidence!" Rebecca cheered him up, but he still looked like he was going to die any moment.

"Alright.." he sighed loudly.

"Come on, let's not bother him, he needs some rest," Chloe pushed the two of them away, patting his shoulder one last time and sprinted towards the seats up there.

"Hey.." Emily smiled, stepping around the dry grass.

Connor returned the smile and laughed quietly, "Here to make me feel better?"

"Of course," she felt something jingling in her robes like metal chains. Reaching deep down into one of her pockets, Emily pulled out a bangle bracelet - the one her mother had gave her for her eleventh birthday. It was meant for good luck.

She brushed her fingers on the silver stars and handed it to Connor, "Here. It brings good luck for you."

"Good luck? How'd you know it would work?"

She pulled him into a hug, smelling the scent of brioche bread on his robes. He must've liked that particular dough a lot.

"Because its magic. And we live in a world full of magic, don't we?" Emily chuckled and put her hands behind her back.