Chapter 10: Kent returns

I was running. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. My heart was beating fast. I ducked down an alleyway and hid. My heart thumping so loud I was afraid he would hear it. Then there came a voice, loud and raspy:

"LEX! COME ON OUT! C'MON BABE, I'M SORRY! I LOVE YOU!"

I kept silent. My heart was beating in my ears. Sweat trickled down my neck. I sat there silent.

Then a hand violently shot out and grabbed me. I looked at the boy who was chasing me. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. He had two scars. One going across his eyebrow, and one going from his chin up his cheek bone and ending at his eye.

I screamed.

It was Kent.

"Hey, Lex! Why'd you leave me!? Were you scared!? Well, no worries. I'm here now, so we can be together again! I love you so much, you know? You have no idea how long I've been looking for you! Gosh, I'm so glad I found you!" he cackled.

"Let me go!!" I screamed. "I don't want to be with you!"

He threw me at the ground.

It started to pour. We were instantly soaked.

"YOU WHAT!?!" he bellowed. He looked even scarier in the rain, his eyes so cruel and evil. They were empty. Full of anger and sadness.

I closed my eyes, wanting it all to end.

"I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE! I'VE MOVED ON!" I yelled. "NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He stared down at me, the water trickling down his long evil scar.

"You left me!"

"You were insane!" I yelled. "You tried to kill me!"

"You're still mine, babe!" he yelled over the sound of the pounding rain.

He raised something from behind his back. It glinted in the moonlight and the rain drops slid off of it. A knife.

"Now I'm gonna finish what I started."

He walked towards me, knife raised. I covered my eyes. The knife flew towards my chest.

I woke up in a cold sweat, screaming. El and Dani shot out of bed and ran towards me. I was sobbing and shaking. My ex-boyfriend hadn't been in my dreams for two whole years, and now he was back. Dani hugged me and stroked my head.

"Shhhh. It was just a dream." she whispered.

We all sat there together, hugging each other and not wanting to let go. Kent had returned in my dreams. Now I'd have to live with this nightmare all over again. I suddenly realized that I had fallen in love with Harry and Niall.

And now Kent was back to haunt me.