Chapter 3: Drama

Overview of social studies: Boring with a capital B!

Well, it had some fun parts. Liam and I were partners an activity, but other than that I almost fell asleep. I even found a drop of drool on my notebook!

Class ended, finally. Thank God! But we had homework: I have to write a five page essay on the Aztec civilization. I waved goodbye to Liam as I started on my way to Drama. As I walked down the hallway towards my locker, I saw Perri holding hands with a boy.

The boy had jet black hair brushed up into a quiff. He had a cool blonde highlight amongst the black. He had dark brown, almost black, eyes. He had a beard scruff so I could tell he doesn't shave very much. He had a slightly darker skin tone when compaired to Perri. He was wearing a leather jacket over a white t-shirt, jeans and black leather boots. As they walked down the hallway, the boy took off his jacket and put it around Perri's shoulders, and I caught that he definitely had tattoos going up his arm.

Just then, Perri noticed me. She grabbed the boy's had and hauled him over towards me.

"Lex!" she yelled waving the hand she wasn't using to hold the boys hand.

"Lex, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Zayn! Zayn this is Lex! The girl I was telling you about!" she said, grinning wildly.

Zayn looked at her weird.

"Who?" he asked in an adorable British accent.

"You know!" she said.

Zayn shook his head.

"Dani and El's roomate!?" she said her voice rising.

"Oh! Yeah, now I remember!" Zayn said a smile forming on his face. "Hi!" He shook my hand.

"Where ya headed?" Zayn asked.

"Drama." I replied.

"Cool," was all Zayn said. I could tell he was a man of few words.

"Well, have fun!" Perri exclaimed.

"Really nice meeting you!" I waved goodbye to the cute couple, then continued down the hallway.

When I stepped inside the drama room, there was a small stage, and posters from Broadway Musicals everywhere. Dani saw me the second I walked in the room and started waving and motioning for me to come over. As I made my way over to her, I noticed someone's arm was around Dani. I smiled; it was Liam.

((A/N: guys I know Dani and Liam aren't together anymore. But I just couldn't bear to write about them being apart!))

"Hey Lex!" Liam said a huge smile on his face, his chocolate eyes twinkling.

"You guys know each other?" Dani asked.

"Yeah, we're in social studies together," I said.

"...and we slammed into each other in the hallway," Liam added with a grin.

"Ow!" Dani said, making a stink face, which made Liam and me laugh. I was so happy I had actually found some friends. I hoped I could get to know Zayn and Perri better.

"Liam?" I asked. He looked at me, waiting for me to go on. "Do you know a boy named Zayn?"

"You bet I do! He's one of my best friends!" he said with a smile.

"I passed Perri with him in the hallway. So I was just wondering if you knew him, since Dani knows Perri," I said.

Just then the teacher walked on stage and wrote her name on the big chalk board. MRS. FLAPERKINS. Instantly everyone started laughing.