42

~Cloud's POV~ THE VALENTINES ARE GETTING THEIR ALONE TIME- WITHOUT US. :)

I've noticed something strange that I haven't said much about. In my left eye, then one that had surgery or whatever on it, my vision seems to just be... Fading. It's getting dimmer everyday. I wonder if they said anything about that to the others when I was in the hospital... Shaking my head, I look back out the front window and watch the land under us as we speed toward the Forgotten City. I'm so glad we found the note early, but what if whoever made her come here has already killed her? Who came after her and managed to convince her to go?

"Ya alright there, kid?" Cid glances back at me. I snap out of my daze.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. Just... A little worried."

"Yuffie can handle herself," he reassures me and I shake my head.

"I know that."

"Yer kid's fine too, boy."

"Not that either," I sigh, rubbing my left eye.

"What's up then?"

"Did they say anything would happen after the whole eye surgery thing?" The pilot seems utterly confused as he blinks at me.

"Huh?"

"When I was in the hospital," I say slowly. "What did they say about the eye surgery they did?"

"Oh, a load of crap," he waves me off. "'Bout blindness and stuff. Said there was only a fifteen percent chance of it." I huff and fall back into the wall hard. He raises an eyebrow at my reaction. "Boy, it's not something ya need to worry yerself about..."

"Too late," I mutter, sliding down into a sitting position. He frowns.

"What do ya mean?"

"My eye."

"What about it?"

"Getting worse," I shrug. It's not that big of a deal, I guess, but it'll make fighting harder because I'll have a permanent blind side. Just my luck.

"I don't understand what you mean."

"Gods Cid, are you stupid?" I groan. "I'm losing my sight in my eye."

"Both of em?!" His eyes fly up to his goggles.

"Ugh!" I yell in frustration. "No! My left eye, Cid! My left eye is going blind!"

"Oh, they did say there was a fifty percent chance of that," Shera walks into the cockpit.

"I thought they said fifteen," Cid mutters when I glare at him.

"Oh Cid," his wife sighs, kissing his cheek and ruffling his pale hair. "You're deaf."

"Am not!"

"Honey," she puts her hands on her hips with a smirk. "It happens when you get old."

"I ain't old."

"Keep dreaming, Captain," she calls back to him, walking away and swishing her hips more than usual when she walks. I laugh as Cid fights to look away from her behind, his cheeks reddening when she winks at him.

"Aw, Cid's got a crush," I tease.

"There's a difference between crushing and loving," he smirks at me, pursuing his wife. She laughs when his arms wrap around her from behind. I feel a little awkward, like I'm invading a personal moment, so I get up and walk to the deck. Red's sure to be there.