Chapter 61. Temptation And Desire

A/N

Hey people! Why don't you check out the awesome arts @JT_animations has made for us to enjoy before the chapter?

EEEE, THAT'S SO ADORABLE! AND THOSE EYELASHES, MY GOD THOSE EYELASHES ARE GONNA BE THE DEATH OF ME

But I can't die until we finish the book, so please, enjoy!

Xara's POV.

I was sitting silently while Romeo was washing the dishes, and if I hadn't known better I would've thought he was humming a song to himself, so calm and relaxed he looked. For some reason the words that I hated him didn't seem to affect him in any way, as if he simply brushed them off. Maybe it was alright, considering the fact that I had already said that a couple of thousands times, but still, something about it made me feel a little uneasy. People don't usually take the insults so calmly, do they?

"Has John Doe called you names?" I asked the question that just randomly popped up in my head. The guy glanced at me and allowed his eyes to study my face in thought. I gave him all the time he needed, making a small note that this type of questions didn't seem to worry him anymore. That was a good sign, really.

"Well, um, he referred to all of us prisoners as 'patients.'" The redhead shrugged and finally looked away from me, and I actually did have to take a breath in order to hide that whimper of dissatisfaction that rose in my throat. "Er, what else? I-I don't think he ever called me a murderer or a criminal, even when listing off my misdeeds. So no, not really. Why?"

I shrugged and looked away as well, suddenly very interested in the furnace. My eyes were glued to its shiny surface, and, frankly, I allowed them to be. Because if my gaze met Romeo's my head would've probably got full of weird thoughts and things people don't usually speak about. In normal society, I mean, back in Sunshine Institute there were too much conversations on that topic, especially between the male inmates.

"I suppose I'm just trying to figure him out, that's all." I attempted to explain, and it worked out pretty fine. "He is, uh... A very interesting person, isn't he?"