Chapter 37. Happy For Now

A/N

Hey, people and Admins! Something went wrong with my Tumblr app and I didn't get the notification that @mayomama had posted a new art for my book.

I'm on cloud nine that you like that moment so much! Thank you for this masterpiece and look out for others romantic scenes! I promise, there'll be more

I'm on cloud nine that you like that moment so much! Thank you for this masterpiece and look out for others romantic scenes! I promise, there'll be more. ;)

Xara's POV.

There was one thing I had completely forgotten about the engineering. And now when I say "forgotten" I actually mean that this didn't find a place in my memory the ordinary way, not that half-insane way that was twisting my memories. No, it was a pleasant surprise for me to rediscover this one little thing, a teeny-tiny detail about working with redstone.

I didn't even notice the time fly by.

Sure enough, what I was doing wasn't actual engineering, I hadn't even touched redstone, after all, but it was still time-consuming nevertheless. Especially considering that I began to get used to doing something so unusual.

The clicking sounds of connecting details and Romeo's calm voice filled my mind. My hands took the action, twisting and turning the growing dispencer, and sometimes I swore I could understand what detail to place where before being told so.

In all honesty that I would never share with anybody in my life, I doubt anything could be done without the help of my companion. I hate to admit it, but his voice was the guide in all the pile of stuff, it was the mastermind behind everything I did.

And then it hit me that I didn't mind at all. That was one thing I even enjoyed about the Sunshine Institute, one thing that helped me with my pain of loss of two friends slightly. You see, before that prison - I'm so not afraid of using that word - I only had to rely on myself and my friends. I was free to do whatever the hell I wanted to, eat whatever I wanted, worry about spending the day, all those things.

But down in that place, everything I needed was actually taken care of for me. I had no choice other than deciding who to punch and how to escape, I was told what and when to do, and it was... Nice, in a way. As if Romeo actually cared about my well-being, treating me like a child.

And now this feeling wasn't back entirely, but a part of it was in everything I did. The voice of the redhead was calming and soothing now, urging me to listen to it more and more. There was something hypnotic in it, something that made me feel a tad sleepy. Well, at least it wasn't hard to understand all those brainless and mindless people that had been hailing Romeo all those years ago.

All those years ago... I sighed, pulling in some special strings inside the machine. Sometimes I wondered what would've happened if I agreed to go with him all those years ago. Would I still have my powers with me? My memory?