Chapter 41

Jungkook POV

"Jungkookie-ah!"

My eyes widen in surprise at the familiar voice, bolting up from my bed and racing out of my bedroom. Running halfway down the stairs and pausing, I can't stop the grin that takes over my tear stained face at the sight in front of me. He doesn't give me a smile though, merely quirking an eyebrow at me as he crosses his arms over his chest. I know what he's waiting to see from me, but I can't wipe the grin from my face as I run back up the stairs and back to my bedroom. I couldn't be more grateful with myself for the fact that I actually messed around to see how much of the rest of my things I'd be able to pack up that I actually wanted to take with me. It's nothing more than a school bags worth of items, and I nearly rip the bag from the floor as I sling the bag over my shoulder before running back out of my room for what I know will be the last time.

As more tears begin spilling over out of joy, I move as fast as my feet will take me as I hurry down the stairs and over to the boy that's currently being yelled at by my parents. I don't even hesitate for a second as I run over to him, wrapping my arms tightly around him as I pull him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I whisper weakly as I feel his arms wrap around my waist. I feel him press a kiss to my shoulder though, and I know everything is gonna be okay with us.

"Neon Jungkook, what in the fuck do you think you're doing?" My mother nearly shrieks. I only pull away from Yoongi enough to glare at the two of them for a second before leaning down and pressing my lips to Yoongi's. I can feel the amusement on his lips as he lets us kiss for a few seconds before pulling away again.

"Come on, Kookie. It's a long drive back and you've got classes tomorrow." Yoongi says softly as he takes a step back from me. It's a smug look on his face as he looks back over to my parents, taking my hand in his and lacing our fingers together before beginning to lead us towards the door.

"Jeon Jungkook, you are not leaving this house with that." My father snaps coldly. I'm surprised entirely though, when Yoongi turns on his heel with a dark glare in his eyes.

"Jungkook can go where ever the fuck he wants with whoever the fuck he wants. He's an adult now and you can't control him anymore. It's his fucking life, not yours. And I promise you, he doesn't want a damned thing to do with you fuckheads. You come around my apartment again, and I'll have your asses fucking arrested." Yoongi growls darkly before turning back around and finishing leading us out of my parents out.

Luckily, I'm the taller of the two of us, so I don't need to work hard to keep up with his quick pace until we reach a car. I don't bother questioning it as I climb in the passenger seat while Yoongi gets in on the other side, quickly throwing the vehicle in reverse and pulling the car out of the driveway.

The drive is silent for probably the first half hour or so, neither one of us speaking as he drives with one hand and holds mine with his other. However, I know I need to speak at some point, need to say something.

"Thank you, hyung, for coming to get me and for giving me another chance." I mumble quietly as I glance over at him. He doesn't look over at me as he continues driving though.

"Just... don't let it happen a second time. I won't come back if you leave again." Yoongi says softly, though I can hear the hesitation in his voice and I know he's still hurting. It breaks my heart that he actually has gone out of his way to do all of this for me, to let me back in and to essentially rescue me from my parents, and yet he's still fucking hurting because of my dumbass decision. 

"I promise, Yoongi. I promise I won't make that mistake again. I learned my lesson the first time." I whisper as I feel myself begin to get choked up again. He doesn't say anything to this, but begins dragging his thumb over the back of my hand lightly, effectively bringing a small smile to my face. Though, as realization hits me, a small frown forms on my face as I look back over to the elder.

"Yoongi?" I say quietly, earning a soft hum from him.

"Shouldn't you have classes tomorrow too? Morning classes for that matter?"