Chapter 21

Jungkook POV

"Hyung, have you told the others yet? About letting me stay here with you, that is?" I ask quietly as we sit at the kitchen table eating the takeout Yoongi had gotten for us.

"I haven't told anyone anything, yet other than you came to help at the store Monday night. That was only Namjoon. Why?" Yoongi responds curiously, glancing up at me from the box of food he has set in front of him. I bite my lip uncertainly, glancing down to the food I have in front of me.

"I haven't told Jin or Jimin about this yet. I... Actually, I've not even spoken to them since Saturday. I quit walking with them to campus on Tuesday. I just... I'm not entirely sure I want them to know yet." I explain softly, still not looking up at him. I can see him frown out of the corner of my eye though, and I purse my lips at the sight.

"Why don't you want them to know?" Yoongi asks, his voice nearly a whisper as he keeps his gaze on me. I'm not sure if it's hurt that's laced through his voice or something else, but it's certainly thickened with some sort of emotion that I can't quite pinpoint.

"I don't know. I... They wouldn't talk to me or anything on Monday, which really hurt. And, when I got there Tuesday, Jin kept questioning me on why I'd asked about you the night before. He'd threatened that I had better have only gone to find you to apologize and not to have picked another fight. I just... I don't know. I guess I feel like I need to change more before bothering to let them in again. I feel safer with you, and I'm afraid if they know, that they'll try to force me out and back to what I was doing without realizing the full extent to what they'd be causing." I elaborate, my own voice barely a whisper this time.

Swallowing thickly, I glance up to Yoongi, still somewhat nervous of what his expression will be. However, it's an unreadable one, and I don't entirely know how to feel about that.

"Okay. I'll make sure they don't find out until you're ready then." Yoongi answers quietly before returning to eating the food in front of him once more. I watch him for another minute though, surprised that was all he had to say on the topic, before giving in and going back to eating as well.

The rest of dinner is silent between us, Yoongi's cat occasionally coming to brush itself up against my legs and trying to look for some food before going and doing the same from Yoongi. It's cute though, watching him be how he is with his cat. Picking it up and placing it on his lap as if it were a small child of his own, feeding it tiny pieces occasionally.

When we finish up eating, I help him with cleaning everything up.

"Do you have anything to do tomorrow?" I ask curiously, feeling a little shy for why I'm asking.

"Yeah, there's still more stuff to get finished up at the bookstore. Don't worry about it though, I want you to take tomorrow off. Just relax and focus on school work. Even if you're not continuing your business degree after this semester, you might as well at least keep your gpa up so that it doesn't hurt you going into next semester." Yoongi replies with a shrug as we finish up. I simply nod at this, biting my lip again for a moment.

"Yoongi?" I ask, my voice much quieter this time. He turns back to me again, a curious look on his face once more.

"Could we maybe... could we watch a movie and cuddle? I-it's just that I struggle with falling asleep in new places the first few evenings I'm there a-and it helps having someone there. W-we don't have to I-if you're not comfortable with that though." I stutter out shyly, rubbing the back of my neck in mild embarrassment.

He stays silent for a moment, a blank look on his face for a good minute before I get any sort of real reaction. He simply nods, giving me a small smile as he shrugs.

"Yeah, we can do that. I've got nothing better to do and you might as well get comfortable here since it's not like you're leaving tomorrow or something." Yoongi responds with a small smile, walking over to me and taking my hand in his to lead us over to the couch in his living room.

I feel my cheeks warm a bit at the feeling of his hand holding mine, the feeling something I never would've thought I'd enjoy so much. I try to brush the thought and feeling off though, trying to focus on picking a movie with him as we curl up on his couch.