Chapter Hundred and Eighteen

"That was sly

"That was sly."

"You're a bad influence"

Stood in front of my old bathroom mirror I trail my eyes over the Quantum Suit I wear over my more evolved nano-tech suit

Stood in front of my old bathroom mirror I trail my eyes over the Quantum Suit I wear over my more evolved nano-tech suit. The white and red are a strong contrast to my definitive black and gold suit. There's also the fact that I've not worn a suit for five years. I'd left this life behind when Bucky... when he was gone I just stopped. Wearing it now I feel like I'm thrown back to when I first put on my own suit. The day we're traveling back to is the first day I ever felt a sense of belonging anywhere. Back when we'd all still barley known each other. Putting on this Quantum Suit's reminding me of that fact. I found a home, a family.

And we're going to get them back.

"Do you feel as uncomfortable as I do?"

Peering over to my door I see Natasha leaning against the bathroom door frame in her own Quantum Suit. Hair braided to the side Natasha flashes me a small smile. A coy one of my own falling onto my lips I assure her "At least it matches your hair." Natasha only offers me a weak chuckle as she comes to stand beside me in the mirror, both of us just looking at ourselves. How far we've come. Quietly I hum "Long way from Mexico... aren't we."

Smiling in agreement Natasha brings her arm around my back to pull me into her side "Never thought we'd end up friends."

Smiling I can't help but laugh, wrapping my own around her side. For a moment we just stand with each other enjoying the company. Frankly, I'm glad Natasha is here. Without her I might not even have made it to the Quantum Tunnel. The weight of everything is suddenly very known and I can't help but begin to feel the pressure. We get one shot and if we screw this up... that's not even something I want to dignify thinking about. "You know", I murmur to Natasha "This is something I never thought would be a possibility anymore." Trailing my gaze over to Natasha I sadly say "I lost hope but you never did."

"You'd lost a hell of a lot more then I did Addie" Natasha empathises "I might've lost my family but you lost the man you'd fought tooth and nail to be with. Risked losing Tony for." Slowly shaking her head, Natasha mutters "Hope was all I had left."