Chapter Fourteen

"Now we are getting somewhere"

We speed across the Miami Bridge as dawn finally breaks

We speed across the Miami Bridge as dawn finally breaks. I'd managed to catch some sleep which I'm sure Tony gave to me out of concern for my own welfare, not his. However, he assured me that his head is screwed on straight for the op tomorrow. The sooner we put more distance between the task force and I the better my chances will be of disappearing off the grid when we take down the Mandarin.

"Address is 3251 South Miami Avenue", I inform Tony as we pull off the bridge. Pulling up the address on the smartphone I'd stolen I gaze upon the huge home, "Oh nice villa. Better than your mansion."

Side eying me, Tony shakes his head muttering dreadfully "Is not."

Smirking at his sour expression I check out the outer layout of the villa. "We should go in around the back. It will be less heavy on men so we can pick them off one by one", I pose to Tony who pauses at the lights.

Twisting the phone in my grasp over to him, Tony nods in my direction "Agreed. They will be keeping the Mandarin tucked away so the safe bet is that he's hidden inside." Holding off any sarcastic remark I have playing in my mind, Tony speeds off in the direction of the villa with me giving him pointed directions.

Parking the car descreetly further down the street to avoid any suspicion, Tony snatches out the black bag we've placed all of his contraptions inside of. We're quick to dart behind the villa we'd been searching for since Tony has dressed in a black hood an jeans, similar to the Miami State hoodie I'd stolen with the ripped jeans. Safe to say if anyone saw us they wouldn't believe we own a villa. With the binoculars I'd also stolen for him, Tony climbs up into the tree as we survey the back gate.

Doing my best to look through the iron gate I count one on the door. However, when Tony jumps down he murmurs, "Two on the entrance." When he continues to watch me I tilt my head, silently asking him why he's staring. Sighing Tony suggests "Perhaps now would be the perfect time to disappear and take them out?"

Rolling my eyes, I explain to Tony "Every time I use my ability SHEILD can track my signature. As soon as they get a hit they will come down on us."