Chapter Eighty Four

"What made you stay? If I'm allowed to ask

"What made you stay? If I'm allowed to ask."

"Loyalty."

Wandering into the smaller kitchen of our quarters, I mention to Loki who leans on the bench "Penny for your thoughts?"

Glancing up to me as I lean across from him, Loki wonders "Penny?"

"It's an old currency back on Earth" I shrug to Loki, sipping water from a metal cup.

His features scrunched obliviously, Loki questions "Why would you give me money to know what I'm thinking?"

Blinking long and hard I shake my head at Loki, wandering back around the kitchen "Jesus you gods are so literal." Dropping onto the sofa, I tell Loki more blatantly "What's got you in a sour mood this morning?"

"I'm not sour", Loki corrects me coming around the other sides of the sofa "I'm just deep in thought." Dropping onto the other side of the sofa, Loki states "I received word that Thor is now sharing living quarters with the Hulk."

Arching my eyebrow, I wonder "Do you think the Grandmaster's keeping him as a new champion?" Looking out the window Loki can only shrug. Tilting my head to the side I notice concern etched into Loki's features. "You're worried for Thor", I quietly notice. Peering back over to me Loki doesn't confirm nor deny my observation, simply watching me quietly.

Turning his body to face me more, Loki tells me in a voice softer then I would've ever thought possible for him "I never have apologised for keeping you here for so long."

Shrugging I scratch at the rim of my glass, "Well I can't leave Thor here anyway so-"

"Not when Thor was here", Loki shakes his head "For the weeks before he even showed up." Now it is my turn to remain silent, averting my eyes across the room. Despite looking away, Loki adds "What made you stay? If I'm allowed to ask."

I don't hesitate to answer "Loyalty."

Peering back over to Loki I notice him furrow his arched eyebrows ever so slightly at my answer "Loyalty?"