Chapter Sixty Eight

"You didn't just make me the Robin to your Batman

"You didn't just make me the Robin to your Batman."

"I thought we were just being honest Sparkles?"

"The hell have you been?" Tony reprimands me as I come strolling into the control room

"Infirmary", I gesture up either side of my arms to the cuts I just had the nurse pull glass from "Note the standard issue military bandages."

Pacing the conference room, Tony gestures to my arm "You seriously gonna think I'll buy that?"

Raising my brow I dare Tony to question it. Collapsing into the seat opposite Natasha observing us go back and forth. "Check the footage. I don't know about either of you but I got thrown through a window." Mockingly, I glance aroundand feign searching "Where's Sam and Steve? Or Bucky for the matter?" Tony stares at me for a long and hard moment before turning around and observing the agents move hastily around outside of the office pane. Decidedly not engaging with me.

"All are MIA", Natasha informs me. Peering over I see her give me an almost knowing look, tilting her head mockingly to the side "You wouldn't know anything about that would you Addie?"

Smirking, I shrug my shoulders "Not the faintest." My smirk deepens when I see Secretary Ross storming into the office, "Look, my favorite person!"

"Oh great", Secretary Ross acknowledges me with a curt nod "Miss Collins's signed." Oblivious to the finger I toss him behind his back, Secretary Ross beeline's for Tony "I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?"

"We will", Tony tires to assure the Secretary "GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recons flying twenty-four seven. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it."

"You don't get it Stark", Secretary Ross asserts "It's not yours to handle." Turning around, Secretary Ross eyes us all of as he adds "It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Op's on this."

"What happens when the shooting starts?" Natasha questions Secretary Ross curiously, her arms folded defensively over her chest "What? You kill Steve Rogers?"