Chapter Forty Eight

"You created a socio-bot? Really?"

After a long time rummaging around through the formalwear section of my closet, courtesy of Pepper, I settle on a golden cocktail dress

After a long time rummaging around through the formalwear section of my closet, courtesy of Pepper, I settle on a golden cocktail dress. The bust is covered in golden sequins, the rest of the dress flowing out to my thigh in a puffy golden wave. I can't help but smile at how much this dress feels like me. Trailing my fingers over the sequins which dissipate near the bottom I stuck my feet into the gold heels I found amongst the organised mayhem. "Well aren't you a sight." Glancing out of my closet I notice Steve leaning patiently in my doorway. An appreciative nod over my dress "I don't think I've ever seen you look so nice."

"It's because I look fantastic every day of the week", I lightly joke. Looping the teardrop golden earrings through my ear. Tousling my hair one last time I pad move towards the door, admiring Steve's styled hair and blue button up. "I must say", I begin as the two of us walk down the hallway of our apartment "You look rather classy too Mr Rogers." A smile gracing Steve's lips he politely offers me his arm with I more than happily take. Remarking how much of a gentleman the super soldier is. He laughed like it was a joke but for all intents and purposes it wasn't. Steve is genuinely the nicest guy I've ever met and it's sickening.

Together we take the elevator up to the common room Tony had made for us all to commune in. Not that we ever do. We all simply move in and out of each other's floors encroaching on eachothers space. It's not exactly like anyone can lock us out. I woke up this week to Thor having breakfast in our living room, hounding into our supply of Frosties 'cause apparently his apartment was out. I can't really chastise him since I'd stolen some apples from Natasha and Clint's floor not a day before. It'd be the pot calling the kettle black. Whilst I am many horrific things a hypocrite isn't on the list.