Chapter Ninety One

"I miss when the only bad guys we took down were human

"I miss when the only bad guys we took down were human."

"Alright Addie. There's no need to rub in the fact that you've spent the past month in a whole other galaxy-"

 There's no need to rub in the fact that you've spent the past month in a whole other galaxy-"

Falling into step with Tony I vaguely hear Bruce, Strange and Wong following after us. Traipsing after Tony through the Sanctum doors I'm instantly swept up in a city wide panic. Cars stop abruptly in the middle of the streets or crash over the verge, people screaming and running in the wind which has picked up significantly. There is a loud rumbling in the sky and before I can search for it a man trips before me on the pavement. Reaching down I quickly help the man up before he's scrambling frighteningly away. Tony helping up another woman I spin around at a crashed cab which has slammed into a pole. Tony noticing this too amongst the chaos, he orders assertively "Help him! Wong! Doc!" Bruce scrambling into action instead helps Wong as Strange continues to stalk beside me, either of us flanking Tony. "FRIDAY what am I looking at?" Tony questions his AI as he slides on his sunglasses, a bad feeling forming in the pit of my stomach.

Falling into a run after Tony I spin around to Strange, suggesting "You might want to put that Time Stone in your back pocket Strange!"

I catch sight of Strange creating mystical bands of a sort around his forearms, calling back to me "Might want to use it."

Tony reaches out to catch me before I jog around the building corner, a red café tarp shooting past within seconds. When it's clear the three of us duck out into the street, paper from news-stands flying everywhere in the wind. Although that's not what causes my heart to stop. My jaw gapes at the sight of a high ring-shaped spaceship hovering at least a mile or two above New York. Inside its gears appear to be working so hard it glows red, the ships inner thrusters creating the heavy flow of wind. Strange sends out a spell, casting out the heavy wind as Tony instructs FRIDAY "Evac everyone South of Forty-Third Street. Notify first responders." Suddenly a huge wave of and orange glow floods through the street like a wall, taking with it any more pedestrians and wind. My hair settling calmly back around me, both Tony and I glance curiously over to Strange. Watching him impressed Strange sends us a wink when Bruce and Wong run up behind him. Smirking I roll my head around, gazing up at the ship hesitantly.