Chapter Ninety Six

"The one whose blood runs with that of the Space Stone

"The one whose blood runs with that of the Space Stone. You're a powerful adversary."

"Thanks"

Cloaked I remain stood behind Strange at the request of Tony

Cloaked I remain stood behind Strange at the request of Tony. If the plan goes sideways my abilities can protect him and the Time Stone with the flick of a wrist. The rest of us are spread out across Titan, moving into position as we await the arrival of Thanos. After speaking with Quill, Drax and Mantis it was decided that we need to yank his gauntlet off. That's how he's keeping the Infinity Stone's, a housing unit that can sustain the power of all six.

"Miss Collins", Strange suddenly speaks wearily from his position on a Titan rock "That wouldn't be you... would it?"

Momentarily confused, I'm about to ask Strange what he means before I spot a dark blue mist unfurling before us. Furrowing my eyebrows, I twirl my fingers anxiously "No. It's not."

Thanos.

He steps out of the portal created from the Space Stone, a dimensional gateway I would know from anywhere. He's giant, three times the size of myself. He gazes around almost remorsefully at the destruction caused by our rocky landing, the debris floating around.

"Oh yeah", Strange speaks up confidently, Thanos's purple head snapping towards him "You're much more of a Thanos."

For a second I thought his gaze had spotted me, knowing I was behind Strange. Breath hitching in my throat I don't move an inch until his eyes travel on "I take it the Maw is dead." Strange doesn't answer, simply twirling a rock in his grasp "Today extracts a heavy toll. Still... he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that", Strange assures Thanos "He brought you face to face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

Humming Thanos wanders over the red dirt, "And where do you think he brought you?"

Strange takes only a second to glance around at the broken structures, "Let me guess. Your home?"

Propping his leg on a rock, Thanos smiles reminiscently "It was. And it was beautiful." Lifting the golden gauntlet which now contains four Infinity Stones. Despite this leaving a sick feeling in my stomach, Thanos curls his golden fist and activates the ruby stone; Reality. Shining brightly, my gaze suddenly moves to the changing scenery. The changing reality. There was no dirt or debris. No gravitational pockets or rock. Green lawns stretched around a big, beautifully carved fountain at the steps of large white buildings. The building which remained intact. Citizens strolled around the city without a care in the world, laughing and chatting. "Titan was like most planets", Thanos gravely explains "Too many mouths and not enough to go around. And when we face extinction I offered a solution."