Chapter Eighty Seven

"Use one of your PHD's! You have frickin seven of them!"

"None of them are for flying alien spaceships!"

Darting into the large yellow ship Thor immediately assumes the pilots seat as I'm left gazing around

Darting into the large yellow ship Thor immediately assumes the pilots seat as I'm left gazing around. "Alright", Thor hums whilst I find my place beside him in the front "I can figure this out. It's just another spaceship."

Wide-eyed with panic I snap my gaze worriedly towards Thor, "I'm sorry. What was that reaction?"

"Do not fret Adeline", Thor tries to assure me as he glides his finger along with some alien symbols "You are perfectly safe... once I figure out what I am doing."

Closing my eyes I lean back in the co-pilots chair, my heart thrumming against my chest "Oh my god this is a horrible idea."

Thrusters shake through the ship, a loud hum echoing around the interior. Suddenly I feel the ship hovering off the ground, slowly foot by foot floating higher in the garage. Noticing Thor grip the steering tighter I my nails dig into the armrests of the chair tightly. A shock to my system the ship launches forwards and I grit my teeth to clamp back my scream. Fear? Excitement? Perhaps a mix of both as Thor's jets us out of the garage and into the open Sakaarian city. Flying past the towers I'm left in somewhat awe, repeating to myself that I'm in a spaceship. A ship. On an alien planet in an entirely different realm. I'm not smart enough to dream this kind of thing up. Never in my life had I thought this would happen to me. That I'd ever travel to a world that isn't my own. This remarkable opportunity despite the dangerous aspects.

Suddenly I feel the ship shake, once, twice, thrice which gives me a small shock. "Thor", I warily ask him "What is that?"

"We're being shot at", Thor answers me weaving between towers to try and shake the ship on our tail "The Grandmaster must have dispatched ships after us." Although soon enough there is no more firing after I hear an explosion boom behind us.

Valkyrie and Bruce.

Suddenly we hear her over the coms "Open doors." Thor hits a switch, opening the two doors to the ship bay behind us. Wind gusting inside I peer behind me just in time to see Bruce come flying clumsily through one.