Chapter Ten

"

"...alert me if she falls off the grid. If she misses getting one of those disgusting processed bagels one morning on seventy-first avenue I want to know about it.""

"This is where you live?!" I shout pacing through the glass foyer

"This is where you live?!" I shout pacing through the glass foyer. My eyes wander slowly over the modern brown, gold and white furnishings and sleek interior design. Glancing up the high staircase I feel myself marveling, knowing I could fit my apartment back in Chicago in here five fold. When my eyes gaze over the staircase I raise my eyebrow uncertainly, pointing my finger over "Is that a giant stuffed bunny rabbit?"

Glancing curiously back to Tony I watch him roll his own, clearly irritated with my question "It was a gift to Pepper."

Following him down the stairs I continue to joke, "What when Pepper was a fourteen-year-old girl?"

Halting his stride, Tony pinches his fingers together "I'm this close to sending you back to Chicago."

"No, you won't" I smugly disagree with Tony "You missed me too much."

For a moment Tony remains frozen to the stairs, watching me as if he is weighing his options carfully. Knowing I have him beat Tony grumbles off down the winding stairs. Following him down I gaze through the glass window panes ingrained into the wall. Workbenches are scattered everywhere with tools of all kinds laid upon every surface. In the center of the room is a raised square platform which everything seems to revolve around.

Typing in his entry code, Tony holds the door open for me. Trailing behind him I continue to look over every inch of this room. So this is where the magic of Tony Stark comes to life. Honestly, I'd thought it would be cleaner. Then again, the more I think about how Tony is, the less prevalent the thought becomes.

"Greeting's Sir" A smooth voice booms from...somewhere.

"Hey Jarvis", Tony greets back "We've got a lot of work to do so I hope you have brought your party hat."

"You are well aware Sir that I cannot wear a party hat" Jarvis speaks back at Tony. Whilst Tony shrugs off whatever comment was thrown his way, Jarvis's attention seems to turn to me "Welcome to Tony's Malibu mansion, Miss Collins."