Chapter Hundred and Fourteen

"Well, that was a shit show if I've ever seen one

"Well, that was a shit show if I've ever seen one."

"Language"

The next morning dragged on until Bruce was all set

The next morning dragged on until Bruce was all set. Despite Steve and Natasha's disapproval I portalled around the world to hunt down the best back up generators money could buy. In all fairness I was going to steal them before Steve practically threw a government card my way reminding me I'm an Avenger not a thief. That brings us to where I've bolted up the last of the back-up generators to the facility and someplace behind the van Scott decided was necessary.

Honestly my eyes glazed over as soon as he started back up with the Quantum Realm talk.

Falling back into step with Steve we wander back over to where Natasha jogs around with a tablet helping Bruce who's fiddling with some buttons across three panels. "Okay here we go", Bruce enthusiastically speaks before I see him nodding over to Scott who's suited up "Scott fire up the...ugh...van thing." As he follows the instruction I watch the inside of the van begin to glow gold. Inside the energy or whatever it is bounces and spins around in a vortex of blue and gold. It's quite mystifying.

Getting closer with Steve who dressed far more nicely in his crisp white button-up, a far more expensive comparison to Natasha or I in our jeans and jackets, he announces to Bruce "Breakers are set. Addie put the emergency generators on standby."

"Good", Bruce thanks us as we stand behind the panel with him. As Scott stands before us fiddling with his helmet, Bruce grumbles "Cause if we blow the grid I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950s." Raising my eyebrows I send Bruce a panicked look. From the way Bruce glances around I'm assuming everyone is staring at him just as nervously.

Proving my point, Scott cautiously clarifies "Excuse me?"

Tearing my gaze off Bruce I peer over to Natasha as she hums with a tight-lipped smile "He's kidding." As Scott wanders off to the van preparing himself, Natasha adds in a hushed tone still wearing a brave smile for Scott "You can't say things like that!"

"Just...", Glancing apologetically between us Bruce utters "It was a bad joke."

Warily as Scott wanders further away with a renewed sense of false confidence, I quietly ask Bruce "Just to clarify you were kidding right?"