Chapter Eighteen

"You're going to be alright

"You're going to be alright. You're going to be alright"

 You're going to be alright"

Darkness.

Waking up that is all I see.

Light snores fill the void, instinctively I sit up. Back pressed against a cold stone wall I look around fearfully, trying to find a source of light but I find none. "Natasha?" my voice comes out barely a whisper. Clearing it I speak up a little more, "Natasha!"

"Quiet!"

Too quick for me to recognise the automated voice, a wash of pain floods my brain. Hands grasping either side of my skull I can't stop the scream that bursts forth. The feeling was familiar to the collar that Maya had placed on me but this was so much worse, the entire flood of pain filling my head as I've never felt before.

As soon as the head spiting pain ceases my bloodcurdling scream cuts off. The frustrated groans of others fill the void along with more colourful language which would make a sailor duck his head in shame. Leaning my head back against the wall I try to calm my palpitating heart. "You're going to be alright", I whisper to myself as snores begin to refill the darkness. Pulling my legs to my chest I repeat quietly, hoping those words can fight the fear with is continuing to tug at me "You're going to be alright."

{}{}{}

Hours later fluorescent lights flash on, scaring way the dark. I squint my eyes to adjust them, rubbing the sleep away. Once my vision calms I'm finally able to get an understanding of my surroundings. Walls of the metal cage me, running high as a few feet above my own head if I had been to stand. Seeing the toilet they've kindly given me pushed up against the far corner I run my hands over the stiff grey cotton blanket. What does catch my attention the longest is the barred wall. Standing up I walk over to it, grazing my fingers over the hard metal.

"I wouldn't go touching those bars if I was you", glancing across the way I raise my eyebrows to toward the blonde haired girl. It rolls down her shoulders in waves as her green eyes are locked cheekily onto me. Folding her legs underneath her on the plainly same cotton bed as me, he smirks across to me "So you're the one who ruined my beauty sleep last night?"