you're back // sp - pt.1

You and Fangs met while you walked to Pop's, which was right down the street from your house, to get you a milkshake. Your mother had given you some money to get one as a reward for your good grades that year. As you walked, you noticed the boy walking with his head down. Child you always hated seeing other kids upset so you walked over to him to make sure he was okay. You ended up using the money to buy him a milkshake instead of yourself. When you came home empty handed your mom asked what happened and you told her you bought one for someone who needed to be cheered up. He was your best friend ever since. And moving away from him was probably the most traumatic thing that had ever happened to you, or so your dramatic twelve year old mind thought.

"We're what?" you asked not believing a word that just came out of your dad's mouth.

"We're moving back to Riverdale, sweetheart. I thought you would be happy about that considering you made sure to tell us everyday how much you hated it here." your dad joked.

"Well, i didn't think it would get me anywhere." you said surprised.

"We're not moving until the end of summer. It gives your mother and i time to close a deal on a house. We'll be moved in right before school starts." you dad explained. You nodded trying to contain your excitement to move back to Riverdale as you walked upstairs to your room.

About a month and a half later, you were packing up everything in your room to put into a moving truck that would be sent to your new house in Riverdale. As you packed everything away, you wondered if anyone was going to recognize you. You wondered if the same people you were friends with would jump at the chance to befriend you again. All of these scenarios and questions played through your head the entire time, building up the anxious feeling you didn't think you'd ever have going back to such a familiar place. You hoped everything went well. Transferring in the middle of High School was hard considering everyone already had their friend groups all sorted out. You were diving in as the new girl despite having lived there before.

"Good luck, dear. I'm sure once everyone realizes who you are it'll be fine." your mom assured.

'I hope they remember me." you sighed. You grabbed your bag and headed out of the house to your car, heading straight for Riverdale High.

When you arrived, you went to the office to get your schedule and locker assignments. Everyone else got theirs in the mail and kept their old locker assignments from Freshman year, so thankfully it wasn't a long wait. The secretary smiled at you and handed you everything you'd need and you set out to wander through the hallways by yourself, trying to keep your head down as to not gain attention from everyone.

You managed to get to your locker without anyone saying anything to you. You decided to put your bag away and head to the lounge, hoping to god you'd see a familiar face when you walked in and that the encounter wouldn't be awkward.

You took a deep breath before you walked in, spotting literally everyone you used to be friends with, including Fangs, sitting around the lounge. You stood awkwardly in the doorway taking in how much everyone has changed over the last four years.

"Hi, stranger. You must be new. I'm Veronica Lodge." a dark haired girl introduced as she got up from her spot and walked up to you. You heard a small giggle from behind the girl as Betty Cooper stepped around her and smiled widely at you.

"Betty Cooper. Still keeping up with the ponytail, i see." you said as she pulled you in for a hug.

"It's my brand." she joked.

"Hi, i'm Y/n. Nice to meet you, Veronica." you introduced when you finally pulled away from Betty. Everyone in the lounge had noticed now and were all slightly shocked to see you standing in the doorway. Fangs was actually in shock and not able to move from his seat until you locked eyes with him.