daughter dearest // malachai

You walked down the stairs from your dad's office in the Wyrm. You've been sitting up there for hours while your dad held some meeting downstairs, but you were growing hungry. So you stood up, flattened your skirt and headed down. Everyone's eyes were on you the second your stiletto's hit the metal stairs, clinking as you walked down.

"I thought i told you to stay upstairs." your father asked letting out a sigh.

"I got hungry and you don't have snacks up there." you stated as you walked behind the counter, grabbing a bag of pretzel sticks. You stood upright sending your father an innocent smile. You eyes moved to the people who sat in a half circle. You immediately recognized Penelope Blossom as she sent you a faint smile. Then a blonde who had a nasty look on her face, definitely Penny Peabody. You rolled your eyes as she glared at you. And then your eyes landed on a very handsome guy around your age, maybe slightly older. He had curly almost black hair and gorgeous brown eye that you pictured gleaming in the sun. he had a slight smirk on his face when he noticed you staring at him, to which you returned. He turned his glance back at your father as he spoke again.

"If you're done sending my daughter the side eye, Penny, i'd like to get back to the discussion." you could tell he was annoyed that someone was giving you anything but a pleasant look. You were his pride and joy. Ever since Veronica switched sides, you became the favorite of his.

"I'll just head back upstairs then and leave you guys to it." you said taking your pretzel sticks and heading towards the stairs.

"You might as well stay. We're just about finished here." you father said motioning to the only empty chair around hi, which happened to be next to the curly headed cutie.

"Sure thing, daddy." you sat down, putting the bag of pretzels on the table, turning the opening and offering some to the guy. He smiled at you before taking a handful and munching down.

After the meeting was over, you walked out with your father to the car. One the way home you asked a question your father was dreading but answered anyway.

"Who was the curly headed kid i was sitting next to?"

"That would be Malachai. The Ghoulie leader." he answered. You hummed in response and looked out your window, letting your mind wander back to the look he gave you moments ago. "try not to get any ideas." he said after a second.

"No promises, daddy." you said sending him your infamous smile making him roll his eyes.

Over the course of the next few days, Malachai was on your mind. You wondered what his voice sounded like, seeing as he didn't say anything during the meeting. You wondered what his personality was like and, of course, what he looked like without his shirt on. He encompassed your brain and you couldn't think of anything else. You purposely walked through the Southside on your way home from school in a desperate attempt to bump into him, though you failed every time.

At home, you sat on your bed getting some school work done when your phone went off. You grabbed it, thinking it was just some random social media notification, but instead found a call coming in from a number you didn't recognize.

"Hello?" you answered, betting on it being some prank call from Reggie, which you seemed to get often.

"Hello, darling." a voice said through the speaker.

"If this is Reggie again, i will not hesitate to end your football career." you spat annoyed into the phone as you rolled your eyes.

"Definitely not Reggie, but i'd love to see you end his football career." the person on the other line let out a chuckle.