a serpent's sister // rm - pt.2

Over the course of a week, chaos ran through Riverdale. You were currently pacing the Wyrm listening to Jughead talk with the others trying to figure out a plan to get Fangs - who got arrested as a suspect in the case of Midge's murder. He's being released and the riots are not having it. They all think he killed her and they were sticking to it. Really, they were just looking for someone to blame because they refused to believe a serial killer was on the loose in the Northside. They decided the only way to get him out, would be for a group to go and surround him so none of the rioters can get to him. You would be driving the car to get away as fast as possible. Everyone gathered what they needed and you all headed down to the station.

"Alright, round the block and meet us out front. Keep it running and don't park it so as soon as we get in you can speed off. These rioters are crazy." your dad said.

"Got it! Be careful." you called to everyone. They gave you nods and you pulled off, rounding the block to buy some time before you went to the front of the station. The rest of Riverdale was completely dead - everyone standing outside the station ready to pounce the second they see Fangs' face. After a few more minutes you headed back to the station and pulled the car into the parking lot, getting as close as you could without being too close to the crowd. You did as your dad said and kept your foot on the brake, but the car still sitting in drive.

You searched the crowd for any sign of them. Finally spotting a group clad in leather you sat up and put your hand on the unlock button for the doors when suddenly you heard the most gut wrenching sound. You mouth fell open as you saw everyone stumble and Fangs look down at his stomach.

"No!" you cried covering your mouth with your hand seeing the blood spread over his grey shirt. You looked around trying to see who was holding a gun when you spotted Reggie and Archie not far from the car. Both of them on the ground, Reggie's hand firmly on a gun. Your heart sank and you felt like you were going to throw up. Reggie looked around panicked when his eyes met yours. His eyes widened while your filled with tears that were threatening to spill over. You shook your head at him before unlocking the doors allowing the others to get in. when they got Fangs all situated and the doors shut you sped off completely ignoring Reggie as he called your name. You wiped the tears as they fell, collecting yourself and worrying only about getting Fangs to the hospital before he bled out in your backseat.

You sat in the waiting room wiping tears as they fell. Sweet Pea pacing the floor in front of you making you grow anxious.

"Pea, can you please sit down?" your voice cracked as you spoke.

"No, not until the person who did this to Fangs gets what's coming to him." he snarled stopping in front of your and crouching down so your faces were level with each other, "your little boyfriend did this and i won't stop until he's in one of these rooms too." he growled.

"You know we're not together and you know i broke up with him over this Northside/Southside bullshit. Don't make it seem like i have anything to do with this." you said another tear falling from your eyes.

"Trust me, i know. But i hope all feelings you had for him are gone because there's not going to be much left of him when i finish." and with that, Sweet Pea stormed out of the hospital in search of Reggie. You knew what you saw and it broke your heart, but part of you wanted to hear Reggie's side of the story. What you saw wasn't the full story and you wanted every detail - who put him up to it? Where'd he get the gun? why?

You pulled your phone out of your pocket and looked up his location knowing he never stopped sharing it with you.

"Where are you going?" your dad asked.