prom night // sp **

A knock on your front door sounded, your mother calling up the stairs to tell you Sweet Pea was here. You smiled at yourself in the mirror, giving your hair one last fluff before exiting and walking downstairs. You stopped about halfway, Sweet Pea catching your eye. A smile found its way onto your lips as you scanned his tux clad body. You descended down the rest of the stairs, walking straight up to him. You fixed his slightly crooked tie, letting your hands rest on his chest when you finished.

"You clean up pretty well, Sweets." you whispered.

"Only the best and nicest for my girl." he smiled. He leaned down, placing a small kiss on your lips, careful not to mess up your lipstick.

"Alright you two, picture time." your mom said waving the camera in her hands. You laughed at how excited she was about prom night. Seeming more excited than you and Sweet Pea, but you let her have her moment.

You and Pea posed for a few pictures before deciding you should head out.

"Before we leave, i have a surprise for you." Sweet Pea said as he faced you.

"What is it, Sweets?" you asked completely confused.

"I know you were completely against taking the bike, so i may or may not have borrow a certain car from a certain someone." he said hinting obviously, but you still held a look of confusion.

"Pea, i don't know what you're saying to me. Are we taking mom's car?" you asked. Right as you finished your sentence realization hit you. Your eyes snapped open wide and your mouth fell open in completely shock.

"No fucking way!" you yelled, "Dommy let you borrow his car?" you asked not believing him. Sweet Pea chuckled as he nodded at your question.

"No way!!" you squealed grabbing the door handle and flinging it open to see the '55 Chevy Bel Air. One of the older Serpents, Dommy, owned it and you've been obsessed with it since you saw it parked outside of the Wyrm the first time you ever visited. You begged and begged for years, every day you saw him, for him to let you drive it. He always said no of course, but you still pressed.

You walked down the stairs of your porch, letting your fingertips brush along the matte black paint, tracing the chrome pinstripe that flowed down the body, stopping at the taillights.

"This is insane, Sweets." you whispered still in shock.

"I know, baby. But it's real and it's ours until tomorrow night." Sweet Pea said wrapping his arms around your waist from behind, placing a little kiss on your cheek.

"You two be careful, okay? Are you staying at Pea's tonight?" your mom called from the porch.

"Yeah, the whole group is going to the Wyrm for the after prom."

"Text me when you get there and when you get to Pea's. Love you guys!" she waved before walking back into the house. Sweet Pea lead you to the passenger side door, opening it for you and waiting until you got in and situated before shutting it and rounding the front, climbing into the driver seat.

"So on a scale from 1-10, how excited are you to be sitting in this car right now?" he asked looking at you.

"Over the moon, now start this baby up." you said clapping your hands together excitedly. Sweet Pea chuckled, putting the car in neutral, pressing down on the clutch and turning the key. You let out a breath when you heard the engine rumble, looking over at Sweet Pea with a love struck look as he reversed out of your driveway. He knew how much you loved this car, so getting it for prom was a must for him.

"So why do you get to keep it until tomorrow night? I'm surprised Dommy doesn't want it back the second we get home from prom."

"Because he's finally going to let you drive it. Tomorrow is for you to spend cruising around town in this bad boy." he said smiling over at you.