not so bad after all // rm

You followed behind Jughead as you walked through the front doors of Riverdale High. All of the Serpents who went to Southside High got transferred here after Southside High got shut down, most of you not too happy about it. You didn't really care. You just wanted to be able to graduate and move on.

You nudged Sweet Pea's side with your elbow as you spotted a raven haired girl behind a desk smiling way too big at you guys. Sweet Pea looked down at you with an annoyed look, both of you rolling your eyes before chuckling. Of course, it wouldn't be a Northside/Southside meeting without a little bit of drama. Some preppy redhead who was followed by a band of jocks made their way down the stairs, saying something about gpa's. To be fairly honest, you weren't paying much attention.

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face." Toni snarled making her way around the table towards the redhead.

"Okay, T. Simmer down, lava girl." you joked grabbing her arm and pulling her back a little. Not even a second later, Sweet Pea was charging at one of the jacks. You were quick to jump in between them.

"Listen, we don't need to get thrown into detention. We've been here for a whole five minutes. At least wait until we get our schedules. Geez." you pushed Sweet Pea's chest so he'd take a step back. He did, but still stared daggers at the guy.

"I see the Serpents have their own peace maker. I'm Veronica Lodge. And you are?" she said holding her hand out for you to shake.

"Not here to make friends," you scoffed at her outstretched hand, "if strawberry shortcake and her group of dimwitted jocks are done, we'd like to get to class now." you said with a sarcastic smile on your face. The redhead and the guy Sweet Pea almost got into a fight with opened their mouths to say something, but were cut off by Principal Weatherbee.

"That's enough pomp and circumstance. Get to class, all of you." he bellowed. You, Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs all walked to your class together. Your schedules were mostly the same, minus the fact that you and Sweet Pea had a free period and Toni and Fangs didn't.

The next day, everyone of the Serpents were dressed in Riverdale High uniforms. Thanks to Reggie, all Serpent related gear was not permitted on school grounds and Principal Weatherbee didn't think the Serpents had school acceptable clothing or couldn't afford it - back at it again with the Southside stereotypes. You sat on the couch with your legs thrown over Toni's lap. Both of you clad in khaki pants and polo's. Fangs refused to wear the uniform so he got suspended for the week and Sweet Pea had to wear a turtleneck to cover his tattoo, which you thought was hilarious. The bell rang, signalling it was time to get to your next class making the three of you head out of the lounge.

"Today i will be assigning partners for this project. Each pair will pick an animal that is endangered and present that animal. I'll hand out packets of questions you should answer in your presentation." your teacher spoke making you raise your hand.

"Doesn't that seem a bit elementary, sir?" you asked.

"It is, but the twist is that i'm pairing southside with northside. Think of it as a bonding exercise or my own personal experiment. How many of you will be able to put your differences aside to get this project done for a passing grade and how many of you will fail to see eye to eye long enough to get it done." he explained.

"Clever, but also a bit premeditated. You know most of the Northsiders shit on us Southsiders just because we grew up there." you argued.

"Language please, Miss. i see where your frustrations are coming from, but i'm hoping that you'll see that you're not much different than each other, minus the fact that you're from different sides of town," he grabbed a piece of paper off his desk before walking around it to lean against the front of it, "As i call out your pairs, you are free to go to the library and start your research. You'll have all of class period today to do so, but after today it will be your job to figure out meeting times outside of class to finish this project. You'll have two weeks. We'll start with your partner, y/n. You will be with Reggie Mantle and your animal will be the red panda." you rolled your eyes as you gathered your stuff to head to the library, not caring if Reggie followed you or not.