infidelity // hl

Your heels clicked on the tile floor as you walked through the Pembrook. Knocking gently on the front door of the Lodge's place, Veronica opened with a smile on her face.

"Hello, y/n. Daddy's in his study." she motioned for you to come in and you smiled widely at her, "Archie with you?" she stuck her head into the hallway looking for your brother.

"No, just me this time, kid." you chuckled.

"You're not that much older than me, Andrews!" she joked.

"I'm 23. You're 16. That's quite a bit older than you, dear." you chuckled, "you said your father was in his study?" she gave you a nod and you were on your way.

"Tell him i'm going to Pop's with Betty, please." she called before she exited the house. You knocked on the door to Hiram's study before cracking it a bit, "Hiram?" you called.

"y/n, come in." he said not looking up from his desk.

"Veronica went to Pop's with the Cooper girl and i passed your wife on my way in." you informed. Hiram looked up from the papers he was studying, his eyes met yours and you both had knowing smiles on your faces. He pushed his desk chair back a little, putting space between him and the desk, motioning you to come over. You did as you were told, sitting on his lap and cupping his face, putting your lips on his.

"You didn't actually need me to go over anything, did you?" you asked when you pulled away.

"I did, your father is running for mayor against my wife. I need you to convince him not to. Your brother isn't doing a very good job and i thought maybe you could talk some sense into him." you got up off of Hiram's lap walking around to the other side of the desk, taking a seat in one of the other chairs.

"What's the big deal about my dad running for mayor?" you asked.

"He has a better chance of winning because of the family factor and seeing as he grew up here it makes him a better candidate in the eyes of Riverdale's citizens."

"Okay, but you and Hermione grew up here too so that factor is out." you countered.

"Ah, but you see, your father stayed here and started his construction business. Hermione and i moved and started an empire that ended up with me in jail. Fred Andrews is that homegrown feel the citizens are rooting for."

"Why is it so important that Hermione wins?" you asked seriously. You were Hiram's personally assistant, but you never knew full details of anything and this job drove a steak in your relationship with your father. You genuinely thought that becoming mayor would be good for your dad.

"It's important for the SoDale project." Hiram answered. He walked around the desk, leaning against it when he was in front of you. He brought his hand up to brush a piece of hair behind your ear, "now what do i have to do to get you to do this for me?"

You buttoned your shirt up, tucking it back into your skirt before slipping your blazer back on. Hiram grabbed your face, placing one more kiss on your lips before you exited his study.

"Hermione." you greeted with a smile. She gave you a curt nod as you made your way to the door, heading out to go speak with your father.

When you arrived to your old childhood home, you took a deep breath before exiting your car and walking up to the front door. You raised your hand to knock, but Archie opened it before your knuckles could connect with the wood.

"Hey, y/n. I was just heading out. Dad's in the kitchen." he said patting your arm before rushing off. You walked in, shutting the door behind you and making your way into the kitchen.

"Hey, dad." you gave him a smile as you walked over to the other side of the island to take a seat in one of the stools.

"Are you having an affair with Hiram Lodge?" he asked abruptly. You were taken aback, not expecting to be asked such a question. Your face must've said it all as your dad let out a sigh and sat his coffee mug down on the counter, "Veronica stopped by today and brought me this." he slid over a manila envelope. You pulled the contents of it out, revealing pictures of you and Hiram on the many, many days where you hooked up in his study.

"Dad, i can explain." you whispered.

"You don't have to. This is going to go out to the public as a way to ruin my reputation as the Home Grown Mayor i advertise to be."

"How would this ruin your reputation and not mine or Hiram's?" you asked sitting the envelope down on the counter.

"Because if i can't even control my own children, what makes the town of Riverdale think i can control everything that's happening in this town?" he raised his voice as he spoke making your eyes widen yet again.

"I'm twenty-three years old, dad. Surely the town of Riverdale will know that you have no control over anything i do anymore."

"But sleeping with my co-runner's husband is one giant scandal."

"And so is you hooking up with your co-runner, dad. And quite frankly, i find that more of a reputation ruiner for you than Hiram and i sleeping together. If anything, this coming out will ruin Hermione's chance of winning."

"You're right, but if Hiram plans to release this, than you know just as well as i do that he's working up a story about Hermione and I."

The two of you sat in silence for a moment, you trying to collect your thoughts while your dad tried his best to calm down.

"You don't actually think he loves you, do you?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"No, absolutely not. I know he doesn't love me, but he sure as hell doesn't love Hermione either. I know now that he's just using me and Archie has been running his errands. You need to get him out before anything happens to him, dad."

"What about you?"

"I have to play this part for a bit longer, i think."

"Does Hermione know about the two of you?"

"Yeah, she does." you dropped your head, not proud of the situation you've gotten yourself in, "i thought taking this job would open up more doors for me and that's what Hiram promised, but now i'm seeing that that's not what any of this is at all. I'll make this right, dad. I promise."