monster among men // sp

You sat in the lounge with Toni and Cheryl, talking about the upcoming party Cheryl was throwing this weekend. The boys walked in as you were talking about it, Sweet Pea plopping down on the couch next to you, throwing his arm over your shoulders and pulling you into his side.

"What are you beautiful ladies talking about?" Fangs asked sitting down in the arm chair.

"I'm throwing a party this weekend. You better be there, y/n." she said giving you a look that told you you'd be in some deep shit if you didn't.

"Don't worry, red. I'll make sure she's there." Sweet Pea smiled down at you. His smile was contagious, you couldn't help but smile back at him whenever he let his scowl drop and a giant grin take its place.

"Fantastic, this party is going to be a good one." she in a sing-song voice. You guys continued to talk about the party, who was invited, who wasn't invited, drinks and food. Everything that was expected to be at a party.

"Think of all the hotties that'll be there." Sweet Pea said to Fangs as he wiggled his eyebrows. You furrowed your eyebrows at his statement. You and Sweet Pea weren't together officially, but everyone knew you were a thing. You started talking a month or so ago and Sweet Pea always made sure everyone knew. You didn't have labels but your friends knew that you were with Sweet Pea, and he with you. So when Sweet Pea started talking about hotties you suddenly felt a little bit of your heart drop into your stomach. You no longer wanted his arm around you, or to be sitting as close to him as you were.

Your last relationship wasn't the best. He always flirted with other girls. You never felt good enough for him and before you and Sweet Pea became a thing, you told him everything and he promised he wouldn't be that way. He'd treat you the way you should be treated. Though he admitted to being an idiot and would probably mess up sometimes, but they wouldn't be intentional.

"I have to go. I promised i'd meet Betty before class starts. Catch you later." you said quickly getting up from the couch. You were out of the lounge before Sweet Pea even had time to react.

"Really, dude?" Fangs shot Sweet Pea a look.

"What?" Sweet Pea said confused.

"Think of all the hotties that'll be there? Right in front of y/n." Toni said smacking his shoulder.

"I was talking about for Fangs! He's the only single one in this conversation. Hence the reason i directed that statement towards him."

"Well, y/n didn't see it that way. She heard you talking to one of your boys about all the hotties that'll be there and you wiggled your eyebrows suggestively. You know how y/n is when it comes things like that." Cheryl explained.

"Fuck." Sweet Pea said standing up and leaving the lounge in search of you so he could explain what he meant. He found you in the room for the Blue and Gold talking with Betty. You hadn't noticed him in the doorway, but Betty did. She nudged your arm and nodded towards the door. You looked up, your sad eyes meeting his sorry ones.

"Can we talk, please. I'm an idiot." he asked. You stood up from your seat telling Betty you'd meet her here during lunch to finish and walked out of the room following Sweet Pea to a quiet place in the hallway. Leaning against the lockers you waited for him to speak first.

"Look, i didn't mean what i said to come out the way it did. I meant hotties for Fangs. Not me, i swear. I'm sorry you thought that. I need to remember that you're as fragile as a sand castle and it's not hard to knock you down, even if i don't mean to." he took your hand in his, bringing it to his mouth to place small kisses over your knuckles.

"Sorry i kind of stormed out." you whispered.

"I would've too, it's fine. Do you forgive me?" he bent down so his eyes were level with yours as he did his best puppy dog face making you chuckle.