I almost fell because of you, Damnit!

Austins P.O.V.

Toby didn't live too far from, me and Amber. Half a mile maybe. I made an exit, and headed straight to the highway. 

I looked into the mirror and saw amber staring. I gave her a smile.

"Yes, Sweetie pie, honey bun?" I laughed at the corny name.

Her eyebrow raised. "So.." She put her ipod down. 

Confused i answer "Soo...what?" She sighed and leaned over the drivers seat. "What's up with Toby?"

My face got a little disappointed. "Nothing, were friends."

"Mhmmm hmm" She made a face and poked my cheek.

"Okay okay, yeah i like her. She's cute isn't she? or? I mean i think she's cute."  I admitted.

"Dude, does she know anything about you? You're like 30 dude!" She yelled, frustratedly.

"I'm not 30, Amber. I'm 25 and so what i just met her!" 

She sat back and folded her arms. "So you just meet a girl and you already told her two lies."

My face stiffen. I hated when Amber was right. She made me look bad, and she made me feel stupid.

"Look shut up. Who the fuck do you think you are?!? You're 16 years old. Stay in your place okay?" I blew out some air and headed to our house. 

Amber shifted over to the window looking out. She plugged back in her headphones and Whispered something under her breath. "Not gonna be your friend when she knows you're dying......"

"AMBER!!!" I yelled but she raised her volume up, ignoring me.

I parked in front of the house. Amber ran out and walked through the door, slamming it. 

"DON'T SLAM SHIT, YOU DON'T PAY FOR!" I screamed at the door. I saw her middle finger against the window. 

She really pissed me off sometimes, But i'm all she has. 

I grabbed some grocery's out the trunk and walked through the door. I tripped on Ambers bookbag. "AMBER, REALLY??"  Her door slammed. "AGAIN WITH THE DAMN SLAMMING!"

I placed the food on the table and felt my phone vibrate. I was a text from shayley.

Think you can come for some practice today? Tino and Alan might come. Not sure.

I looked around our filthy house. 

I should clean up a little.

Yeah, be there in 30. Can't stay too long though. :\

I sent my text and started putting some food up.

I started to try and clean as much as possible, in a rush to make practice.

Amber walked down the stairs. She watched me rush around the living room.

"Let me guess, band practice." She grabbed her bookbag. "I doubt your band is gonna keep us alive, you know with a house." She sarcastically smiled at me and sat at the table.

"I don't have time for your little lessons in life, Amm." I swiped some trash into a little pile on the wall."Pick that up for me." 

I headed to the door. 

"What about dinner, Austin?" She pointed towards the kitchen.

I double taked before heading to the kitchen. I placed a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly in front of her. "This is gonna have to do." I kissed her cheek.