Chapter 66

Jamal POV

I woke up to the smell of sausages and bacon. I stretched a little and took the blanket off of me. I got up and went to the kitchen. I peeked around the corner. Africa was in there with some baby shorts on. and a tank top with her pregnant belly out at the bottom. 

"Daddy you coming to eat?" Madison gone ask super loud and shit. 

"Uhh. Yea I am." She grabbed my hand and led me to the table. 

"Wash your hands Maddy" Madison used some hand sanitizer and came back. Africa made our plates and sat them in front of us. She made Belgium waffles, grits, eggs, sausage and bacon. 

"Thanks momma"

"Thanks bae" She ignored both of us. 

"Where is the syrup?" Madison questioned. 

"Sorry babygirl" She got up to get the syrup. 

"Mom I need a fork too" Africa laughed. She kind of struggled to get up. She got us all a fork and handed it to us, then sat back down.

"Mommy can you cut these for me?" She was gonna get up and do it.

"I got it"

"I'm straight"

"Africa. Sit. Down." She looked a me, licked her top row of teeth, whiling flaring her nose. She got up and went upstairs. I heard the door slam and Madison jumped a little. 

"Mommy is mad at me? She always cuts my food"

"No Maddy she aint mad at you, she mad at..... uhh..she mad at daddy"

"Why?"

"Why what?" I played stupid.

"Why she mad at you?"

"Daddy hasnt been nice to mommy, thats why"

"Ohh. You better be nice or mommy is gonna cry again" Again?

"WHatchu say?"

"Ohh. You better be nice or mommy is gonna cry again" 

"Mommy be crying?"

"Yes."

"How you know she be crying?"

"Because I know daddy. She go in my  sister room, or in the bathroom. I asked her why she crying, she didnt say nothing, so I gave her a hug like you do when she cry. I wait and then she stop crying. Then she cry the next day" 

"Well. daddy is here"

"Where were you?"

"Huh?"

"Where were you? I thought you was gone tuck me in, but I had to sleep with mommy because she said she dont like sleeping in that bed by herself." That shit broke me. Truth is I aint been around for like the last month. My granny been in the hospital. Trap been on fed watch. My boys been on my back. I been stressed so I just hang out at my East side Trap and chill. 

"I was ..out, but now I'm back"

"Okay. you want to do a puzzle with me?" 

"Yea, but lets clean up first." We emptied our plates in the trash and placed them in the hot dish water. We cleaned the counters and wiped the table. Madison swept the floor and I began to wash the dishes and sit them on the rack. I mopped and we went to do a puzzle. She dragged me to the lving room and she asked which puzzle. 

"Madison where did you get all of these puzzles?"

"Mommy got them for me. Pick one" I picked the one with all of the princesses on it. It had 50 pieces. We dumped out the box and began to put it together.