Chapter 33

Not Edited..

Africa POV

I felt strokes to my hair. I knew it was Jamal. He always does this whether I am sleeplng or awake.

"You gone keep staring at me or let me up Jay?" He smacked his lips.

"Dont smack yo lips at me" I attempted to sound like him. 

"Girl...leave me alone.."

"Mooommmy!!" I heard rustling. I tried to jump up thinking that it was Madison in here. We left her upstairs and I didnt put the gate up. She could fall down the stairs. 

"Jamal let me up Madison is upstairs.." He wouldnt budge. "She is alright."

"Jamal...She is calling for me.MOve you arm now.." She slowly moved it so I pushed his off me and when I stood up my legs felt funny. A flashback of last night played in my head and I walked up the steps. I reach my room.

"Gooodmorrning Babygirl"

"Mornin mommy" She stretched a little and handed me my phone. I looked at it, 3 unread messages, a voicemail, and a missed call. Hmm??

From Daddy

I hope you being good. Did your Uncle come by yesterday? And you and Jamal better keep yall hands to yall self.

From Mommy

Behave yourself Africa..

From Unknown

I see you wanna play stepmama to that niggah's kid huh? But you couldnt be a mother to your own? Thats strange. 

I need to call my dad and catch him up on somethings, well not about what me and Jamal did...welll what  Jamal did, cuhz my baby did his thing. My goodness, I thought my eyes was gone fall ou of socket. I shook my head to release the nasty thoughts. My mom really just gets on my nerves. No how are you or hey daughter, just a behave yourself. It just shows what she thinks of me. I dont know who this unknown person is. This is hella weird so my thing is lemme go on ahead and delete it before Jamal see this shit and flip out..

"Before Jamal see what?" Fuck. I hate lying to him.

"Before you see..this" I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his nose, "and this" I kissed his lips. "Aaand this" Madison jumped off my bed and hugged Jamal's legs. I smacked my teeth. HE gripped my waist tighter.

"Uhh. Jamal you can let me go now.." I locked my phone and unraveled my arms from around his neck. He let me go and I went to my backpack and got my work. I know its early, but I graduate in a couple months, where did this year go. I have my college apps ready, and I have to look over them and submit them.It was stressful at first, but my Aunt helped me and I got the just of it. 

"Girl..you not even in school right now...."

"Okay..andd??....I need to get my work done, my leg is fu- messed up not my hand" He smacked his lips and grabbed Maddy. Ughhh moody much? I have been trying to be nice and not be so rude, but shit like that makes me mad. I am not trying to hog her, but she wasnt complaining about being in here. Instead of ignoring the situation, I need to not confront but ask him whats up.

"Jamal?" No answer. He didnt turn around or nothing. Thats what Im talking about. Madison is at the tv, so she could have watched tv in my room..WHats the issue?

"Jay?" Nothing. Now he wants to ignore me. I am really trying here.

"What is the problem Jamal? I thought we was cool"

HE sighed. "You" WHat?!!

"huh?"

"I said you"

"I heard what you said, do you care to explain?"

"You are the problem.  You dont spend time with us Africa. You always doing school work or on your phone..like drop some shit." Is he serious?

"Jamal..I am with Madison all the time. And me and you..we just started speaking again like a week ago..."

"Yeah thats Madison, but what about me?"

"Jamal..Madison needs attention, you WANT attention, you are sounding hella childish right now"

"Im really not, a relationship requires ateention Africa and you; you do not give it to us"

"I most definitely have been and why did you bring her down here from my room if she was gone watch tv, she could have stayed upstairs with me to watch tv"

"Madison is not you daughter Africa...you dont have to be up under her all the time.." Woah..Im not gone even react to that. Another lowblow. I dont think he meant that, but Imma let it go, I am reall trying to control myself, but these damn pills got my shit all mixed. I sucked up my tears.

"Oh..uhh..Okay, well imma be upstairs if you need anything" I turned around and went to my room. I dont think he thinks before he speaks. I thought Madison was my daughter, like my step daughter kind of, but I guess not. I will definitely back off when it comes to Madison, I didnt know that I was smothering her like that. I probably did that with KJ, I babied him, and he was pretty spoiled. 

I smiled to myself and I couldnt focus on my work. I decided to put it away and just write. I need to vent and with no friends, paper is the only option.

Am I selfish? Are there too many eggs in my basket? Do I need to be in this relationship? Am I ready to be mommy? Again? Will he allow me to be Maddy's mommy? Its cold out here. This world is freezing, and he aint there to hold me. HIs words are ice cold and he had been throwing them hard. I just been standing there and taking it, but this last time kind of gave me a check. I guess I...

I couldnt finish. Nothing was there. My mind was blank. My hand was stuck in the same position for 3 minutes and there were soft knocks on the door and I hurried to hide my notebook. It was pushed open and Madison ran in and jumped on me. I got off the ground. I dont want to leave her hanging, but I dont know what else to do. She climbed in the bed next to me and I turned in my tv. I was watching a dance show and Jamal came in. I looked at him, I am not finna be petty.

"Hey bae"

"Hi" That was dry as hell..

"Well..you wanna do something? Im bored"

"uhhh..we can watch tv..aint nothing else to do" I nodded and patted my bed. He came to my bed and wrapped his arm around me. That was friendly. I scooted closer to him. Madison came and sat in the middle of us. Ooookay.. I just moved over. I was sitting there looking stupid. I wanted to get my notebook, but he would ask question and he cant read whats in there. I moved to the foot of my bed and laid on my stomach. I laid my head on folded arms. I sighed and continued to watch tv.

This was just a little something-something. Whats up with Jamal? Africa is really being affected by this...Tell me what ya think..

No Goal

Follow my Insta: @destanyloveesteebie

Love and Peace

*Destany