Chapter 54

NOT EDITED..

---The day of Madison's birthday party---

"Madisooooon" Jamal yelled. She was sleeping. She stayed up all night reminding us that today was her birthday and that she was having a party. Shit. I let her stay up, she wore herself out. I wanna let her sleep in a while sp she will be up later, have fun, and sleep good tonight. But of course that aint gone happen with Jamal calling her name. 

"Jamal leave her alone, she needs the sleep" 

"Its her birthday"

"I know that, but she will fall asleep on everyone, you know Madison dont care she will go to sleep on anybody" He smacked his lips and turned his back to me. I dont have time for his bitch fits today. Today is about Madison, not a bitchy Jamal. 

"What are you doing?" He was ignoring me. Im not doing this today. He been having these little hissy fits lately. I sighed outloud and went to his room. I sat on the bed, and grabbed my phone. I went to instagram, the usual like 3 pics for a goodmorning post and all that other shit. I did 2 and picked out my clothes for the day. More like took out some outfits I brought over here. The doorbell rang. I put on my flip flops and went down stairs. Jamal rushed to the door. He must have been expecting someone. I went back upstairs and let Jamal entertain his guest. 

"Momma?" Madison yelled from her room. I opened Jamal's door, and headed to Madison's room. I get to her door, and her biological mother was there. I cocked my head back. She went into Madison's room and hugged her. I stood by the door and just watched them.

"Hey baby"

"Hi"

"Happy Birthday babygirl" She said hugging Madison.

"Thank you mommy" I flipped my lips up, I didnt know how to take this. I was the one she called mommy. I was supossed to tell her happy birthday first. 

"I have a surprise for you later, are you excited?" Madison jumped up and down, and I watched as she got Madison dressed. I usually get her dressed. I walked back to Jamal's room, and grabbed my phone. I checked instagram and responded to the goodmorning posts with emojis and shit. I locked my phone and just randomly picked my outfit. I went to the bathroom, parted my hair to the side and slicked my hair into a low ponytail. I applied mascara, and lip gloss. I went natural today. I went back into his room found some brown sandals to go with my maxi skirt and halter top. I put on my draping sweater vest and grabbed my phone. I was about to walk out until I remembered that Jamie was here. I had to decide to behave myself. She has done nothing to me. We met once, and we didnt know that Jamal wsa common factor in our lives. There shouldnt be any tension between us. I picked my face from my hands. I sighed and went downstairs. Today is going to be a long day, I just know it. I just want to prepare myself. My parents should be here later. I have to go and get Jamal's grandma. And the rest of his family will be here in a couple of hours. I went to the kitchen and Madison was seated and eating. So was Jamie. I walked in and cleared my throat. I smiled and said goodmorning to everyone. I told Madison happy birthday and told Jamal I was leaving. He tossed me his keys, I wished I had my car here. I hate driving his. I caught the keys and turned to walk out. I was at the door and Jamal grabbed my hand. 

"Wassup with you?"

"Huh?"

"Whats up, why you acting funnny?"

"Jamal, nothing. im straight" He was trying to read me. 

"Yea okay"

"Put on a shirt, you have company" He looked at me, and went back to what he was doing. I rolled my eyes. He knew what I meant, there is another bitch in the house, so cover yourself up. If I come back and he stil dont have a shirt on, I got something for that ass. I started his car, and turned to the Praise station on the sirius xm radio. I listened to the gospel music until I got to Mama's house. I got out and unlocked her house.