Chapter 27

Africa POV

"Hello?"

"Why is he calling me about a panic attack?" Here goes her nagging.

"It wasnt an attack...I was..having a nightmare. Thats it"

"I dont have time for this shit..Here Mike" This is why me and my mother never got along.

"Africa?"

"Yes?"

"You know you in for it dont you?"

"Yeah..man she just tripping, and Jamal was prolly over reacting" He sighed.

"You been taking them?"

"Dad. dont start. Please"

"Look Africa. You need to take the fucking pills. You know what happened last time. I will talk to your mother, but you need to do yourself a favor. " 

"And what is that?"

"You need to talk to that boy...He called me telling me you had panic attack and that niggah sounded like he was finna cry. Talk to him. and I mean be nice to him. You know how you can be."

I sighed into the phone. "Alright..I'll do it"

"Do what?"

"Take the damn pills"

"And?"

"Chat with that bitch"

"Africa Lillian Nelson. " I laughed.

"Alright ..Alright ..I will"

"I love you babygirl"

"Love you too daddy...bye" I hung up. 

"Jamal you can come front behind the door" I knew his ass didnt walk away. Nosy bitch. HE peeked his head in my room  and I held up his phone.

"Ohh...everything good?"

"Yup" I said popping the 'p'. He turned to walk out and I guess its now or never.

"Jamal?" He looked at me. I patted my bed. He looked at me unsure.

"I aint gone do nothing..damn" He smiles and came to sit on the bed with me. He was looking me in my eyes. We were just staring at eachother for what seemed like 30 minutes. I did something I aint expect to do. I moved closer to him and smashed my lips into his. I held them there for 10 seconds to see if he would kiss back. He didnt. My face instantly got hot and I pulled away embarassed. I out my hands into my crossed legs and picked at my sheets. I put my head down and lifted it back up to him.

"Sorry.." I said lowly. He didnt respond he just glared at me. I looked at him and watched his chest move up and down.  He started to get up but I pulled his arm.

"Let. me. go." He said through clenched teeth. It kind of scared me, but I needed to talk to him. I loosened my grip, but didnt let go. He looked back at me with threatening eyes. I sighed heavily and dropped my hands to my lap. 

He reached my door and I realized that I lost him. 

"Jamal. Im sorry. I dont know what else you want me to do. I tried the relationship thing. I tried the friend thing. I tried the mean act. I tried everything and I still fuck up."

He came back in my room and stood by the door. "You serious right now?"

"What do you want from me Jamal? You want me to run into your arms? You want me to have sex with you? What? What is it?"

"You have to be kidding me right now. You have to be one dumb ass to think that I want sex from you. You have some real fucking issues if you think that that is what I want a RELATIONSHIP with you for. You are fucking broken and right now Africa I dont know if I am the one to fix it." He turned to walk out and I stood up off my bed. He walked out and went down the stairs. Its enough that I am limping but this is worth it. I need him. As much as I dont want to be the one to admit my wrongs, I have to.

I limped to the stair case and held onto the rail going down the stairs one at a time. I reached the bottom step and went to Jamal's room. I stood outside the door for 2 minutes debating on going in or just going back into my room. I decided against it. I gave him enough of a headache for the night. We can talk about this tomorrow. I turned around to go back to my room.

"Ahhhhh!!" He was sitting at the island in the kitchen in the dark. That scared the fuck out of me.

"Whatchu doing down here?" He didnt even look up at me.

"Umm..I just wanted to.." He cut me off with a long sigh. "You wont quit will you?" I didnt know thats what he wanted from me. For me to quit. Like leave him alone..for good?

"I know I said it before, but sorry Jamal...for everything. I didnt mean to stress you out like this, now I see that I have. I'll back off." I am not finna feel sorry for myself. I deserved it.

I walked away and headed up the stairs. Usually he would come up behind me and help me up the stairs but not this time. I walked alone. This may be stupid, but Imma get outta this house. I have it all planned out. Im going to call my uncle tomorrow and ask him if I can stay wih him until my dad gets back. Jamal can stay at my house and house sit like my father asked.  

I opened my door and went to my drawers, I began pulling stuff out and tossing it to my bed to be packed. My uncle will never say no to me. I grabbed my 2 duffel bags and sat on my bed. I began folding my clothes and placing them into my duffel bags.

I placed them by my door and climbed into my bed after removing my boot. I organized the pictures I was looking at and said a silent prayer. I laid my head on the pillow and my body automatically turned on my back. I sat there in the dark, looking at the ceiling. I was just waiting. Waiting for him to come and check on me. To make sure that I was sleep and still in bed. But he didnt. I guess I deserve that.

I cant wait until the morning time.

This was really short, but I did update right? 2 in 24 hours. Im on or nah?! Anyways. Jamal says he is sick of this, but is he really? Africa comes to her senses an finally realizes that she aint been the bestest friend. She tryna leave?

Follow me on instagram: @destanyloveesteebie

Love and Peace

*Destany