Chapter 56

NOT EDITED..

Jamal POV

We been sitting here for at least 3 and a half hours. I kept checking my phone. Why? Because nothing could change the feeling that I knew something was wrong. Usually Africa gives the doctors a hard time and asks to see one of us. Or she tries to check herself out and they get one of us. Not this time. Nobody told us anything and I was too scared to ask for her status. I just leaned forward and put my face into my hands. I sighed outloud and I heard shifting. I lifted my head and Mike was starring at me. 

"What?"

"You alright over there?"

"Nah man"

"You getting a feeling too?"

"Yea how you know?"

"I can tell how you over there looking dead as fuck. She gone be alright. If she wasnt gone be good, I would know. Something is going on, but she straight"

"Mike, you playing psychic and shit, where the doctor at?"

"Lil nigga, I know my daughter, alright? Thats all you need to know"

"Whatever man"

"Too scared to ask"

"Ask what?"

"How she doing"

"Why you say that?"

"Any other time, yo ass be all in the lady face asking all types of questions, now yo ass is on mute"

"Yea, I need to air, if she wake up call me"

"You gone leave me with little loud mouth africa?"

"Yea, you'll be alright" I walked outside to my car and went into my trunk. I pulled up the carpet a little, and grabbed a blunt. I closed my trunk and grabbed a lighter from my console. I sat on the back of my car, and sparked up. I took a drag and my mind went calm. I felt like I was gone cry. Im not bitch, but when your girl is in and out of the hospital, and this one time you got a feeling like something aint right, what else is there to do? Im not even stressed out, Im just confused. I hurt her and she still sticks by my side. I fuck up and she still a mother to Madison. I thought about all of what we have been through, and majority of our situations I've been the common factor. I thought about Madison's birthday party, when she told Jamie that she won. I dont want her to be done with me. I dont know why I didnt push Jamie off of me. I knew it wasnt Africa. I knew it wasn't, and I allowed her to feel on me. I took another puff, and put it out. I drove to wingstop and got Madison some food, so when she wake up. She know she not at home, in her bed, she knows she is at the hospital. She knows her momma is in the hospital. I got her food and went across the street, and got Africa some flowers, an I'm sorry card, and the biggest bear I saw. I was on my way back to the hospital, and Mike was calling me. I answered.

"Wassup?"

"Uhh..You need to get back in here." When he said that, I pushed it back there, he scaring the fuck outta me.

"What happened?" 

"Uhmm..juuuust. uh.just get back here" I parked and hung up the phone. I got some axe from my console and sprayed my body after rubbing lotion on my hands. I grabbed the stuff and ran back inside. I looked around, Madison and Mike wasn't in the waiting room. I looked at the receptionist, and swallowed hard. I walked up and asked her for Africa's room number. She told me she just left out of there and to follow her. When we got to the door, she looked at me with an expression I couldnt read and walked away. I didnt wait until she left, I went right in.