Chapter 51

NOT EDITED>..

Africa POV

The lights shined on me as I sat there looking for Jamal. This was really weird. All eyes were on me. Whether they were hating eyes or the cooing. Everyone had their attention turned towards me, and I did not like it. I was thinking about my next move, do I look for Jamal? or do I just sit here? It feels like this light has been on me for 30 minutes. I decided to look for Jamal. Right when I was about to get up, music began to play so I played it off and "shifted in my seat."  I looked up and there was a circle formed around me. I wanna know by Joe was playing and Drew and one of Jamal's other teammate came out singing. They were singing to me, they sounded good, but they were playing around. It was funny. They were going back and forth. They both turned around and came back with flowers. They handed them to me and I smiled. I know I was blushing. I know Jamal has something to do with this. Drew walked up to me and held his hand out for me to grab. I was hesistant, but I grabbed it and he pulled me up and twirled me around. I laughed. I heard claps. I smiled and his other teammate grabbed my hand and pulled away, did the cha cha and twirled me around. There was louder and longer claps. I laughed. Im am confused. Where is Jamal? They stood me in the middle of the sircle together. They pointed between this girl and this boy, and they moved out of the way of whatever was behind them. Drew and the other boy stood on both sides of me still pointing. Jamal came out and was just smiling from ear to ear. This nigga is up tp something. I walked up to him, and hugged him tight. 

"What is going on J?" I whispered in his ear before he pulled away. 

He reached his hand to Drew and Drew handed him a microphone. Drew and the other boy walked up to Jamal and gave him dap, and a bro hug before walking away and standing with the people in the circle. Jamal looked at me and smiled again.

"Why are you smiling so much?" He ignored me and spoke into the microphone. 

"Alright everyone. For those who dont know or who havent already caught on. I am Jamal. This beautiful girl is my girlfriend. Her name is Africa. Now she didnt want to come tonight, but of course what daddy says, goes" I laughed and everyone else joined in. 

"Me and Africa have been through a whole lot. But through thick and thin, we are still together. Nothing or no one has managed to even come close to messing what we have up. I want Africa to know that I appreciate everything she has done. Not only for me, but for my daughter." Everyone gasped. I guess they didnt know he had a kid, well they do know. 

"Speaking of my daughter, come on out Madison." Madison came out with a dress the same color that we wore. She had on some white sandals showing of her fresh pedicure. I smiled. She came out all shy and hugged me I knelt down and hugged her. I got back up and Jamal looked at me. He got on one knee and I could have passed out. I know this nigga aint finna propose to me. Im not even 18, wel I will be ina few weeks, but damn. I know my daddy aint gave him no blessing to marrry me. He snaped in my face.

"Huh?"

"Alright. Africa I basically said how I feel earlier, but I love you so much and" He paused, reached in his pocket and handed a small box to Madison. He grabbed my hand and looked back up at me. " and we want you to accept this promise ring. Africa I promise to be there for you through whatever, I will always be by your side. Madison?" Jamal called for her, she was playing with a ring that was on her finger. She shot her head up and looked confused. Jamal gave her a look.

"Its my turn?" Jamal and everyone laughed, he said yes and she grabbed the microphone.

"Just repeat what you told me earlier kay?" She nodded and held the microphone close to her mouth. She held the microphone with both hands.