Chapter Thirty Five

Selena POV:

Nina and I stood up, Edgar face was messed up, different emotions crossing his face.

I looked at him meeting his eyes. He looked at me with sad eyes. I scoffed and looked away, how dare he thinks that after all of this I'll feel sorry for him.

"Alpha .. " Someone shouted far away from us his voice was terrified but it went quite after that.

Edgar and his beta exchange a look, he nodded for him to check out what's going on.

The Beta shifted to his big scary wolf and sprint towards the voice.

Just seconds after that every wolf next to us including Edgar shifted to their wolves.

They mind-linked each other it obvious but why?

I heard a howling that sent shivers down my spine. It was angry and blood thirsty one, it was followed with a bunch of howling until they all United.

it was awfully scary.

It was Alexander!

"Nina, everyone is distracted go find a safe place" I told Nina in a hurry and went after Alexander voice.

Nina caught my arm at the last second stopping me. "No! I won't leave you! I just found you" she said with a strict voice.

"I need to go to my mate and I can't risk your life" I scolded her and freed my arm from her grasp.

"Yah because your body is anti-damage" she sarcastically said rolling her eyes and holding my arm again.

I sighed and made a mental note for myself to go with the flow until I make sure she is safe and secure then I can go and find a way to get us out of here.

"Okay you're right" I faked my agreement.

"Really! Wow that was quick" she said and eyed me suspiciously.

I smiled sheepishly and shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay now let's head to a safe spot and to higher ground to watch from a distance what happening" I said and she nodded.

Running deep into the wood but in a parallel way to where the voice came from.

I heard an angry growl! Looking back I saw Edgar following us.

Both me and Nina shifted sprinting deeper into the woods.

Suddenly we could smell iron in the air, it was blood shedding for no reason and innocent souls leaving this world not knowing why and for what they were fighting.

Three other wolves joined Edgar it was impossible for us to fight four enormous warriors.

'Let's split up!' Nina mind linked me .

'NO!' I replied angrily.

'We can't handle them alone, let's spilt them up so we can take them down easily'

I knew what she was saying is right but I just found her, how would I found the strength inside of me to let her out of my sight quickly like that.

'Okay but if something happens to you I'll kill you' I threatened her seriously.

'I'm not sure who should I escape now' she sarcastically said.

I smiled to myself and we got separated.

Now I'm ahead of Edgar and the other wolves, hearing three wolves behind me including an Alpha, I decided to shift to my human form and take advantage of the small size of this form.

Shifting I quickly covered my body with muds to cover my scent and climbed up the tree next to me.

Seconds later I saw the three muscular wolves arriving at my spot.

I held my breath involuntary fearing of any mistake that will lead to my death or even worse!

Edgar can use me to take Alexander down, and this is the last thing that I would let it happen.

Edgar was smelling the ground and inhaling the air, he growled angrily and shifted to his human form.

"I know that you are close Selena, there is no point of hiding" He said while investigating the area.

He nodded to his wolves and the began slowly elaborated the area prospecting for any trace I could have left behind me.

I made sure to cove my trace but still, the fear and terror found its way to crawl inside of me.

"You think that I'm that fool to don't recognize or feel the connection between me and my mate!" He shouted deeply with anger radiating from him.

"I need a Luna to carry my pups, and my pack need a Luna to carry and lead them to peace" He continued.

"I felt something when I first saw you, a spark of a mate bond but it was only once so I decided to make you my mate" He declared.

"You should be THANKFUL" bursting at the end he punched the tree I'm on shaking it roughly.

Holding onto the tree I managed to stay still.

I started shaking involuntarily fearing what coming next, I just have to wait for the right moment to strike.

The view of them from the top of the tree give me the advantage of element of surprise but still .. if I take down the Alpha, there is no way his warriors will keep me alive.

The sweats soon will reveal my scent and it will be a matter of minutes that these wolves will catch my scent and figure out where is my hiding place.

It's now

or

never.

Releasing the tree

it was just seconds

and Edgar's growl of pain echoed through the forest.

and next was ...

_____________________________
Sorry for taking tooooo long but this story is soon to be ended and I'm trying to make a good one out of it. If you have any question feel free to ask me and I'll answer you as soon as I see your message. Comment what you think about the story so far it will really makes me happy 😃.