Chapter Twenty three

You have someone that belongs to me, give her back and no one will die. The further you delay it the more will be dead.

Edgar

"Selena, answer me!" 

I looked up and saw Alexander scared face. Is he scared of Edgar too? That bastard must've done something to him too.

Alexander tried to reach my cheek suddenly making my eyebrows to farrow.

"Why are you crying? Do you know what does that note means?" Alexander sat next to me and held my hands taking the note from me.

Crying? How long have I been crying? Why am I crying! That bastard doesn't deserve my tears! He deserves to root in hell!

Taking my hands out of Alexander's, I wiped my cheeks aggressively, stood up and took the note from him again.

My eyes screening the lines over and over. It's him, he came to take me.

"Baby you're scaring me tell me what's wrong" Alexander said taking me into his arms, giving me the warmest hug ever.

I took a deep breath and spoke up.

"He's coming for me" My voice was weak and I'm not sure if he heard me when I barely heard myself.

Alexander's hug went tighter making it harder to breathe "No one will take you from me" He growled deeply sending shivers down my spine.

Alexander quickly loosen his grip on me and I took a deep breath. "I trust you Alexander but Edgar is an Alpha too, his pack is huge, he doesn't have mercy inside of him. He knows I'm here and he had already killed someone and I really think that it's for the best our people is for me to le...."

My fast rambling was cut short by Alexander lips on mine. His kiss wasn't tender and sweet.

This time it was protective and full of authority. Alexander pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. "I don't want to hear anything about you leaving me".

He said demandingly with strong voice but it wasn't enough for me to stay, I can't stay knowing that there are people losing their lives just because I'm in the same territory as them.

Above of all that I'm safe under the Alpha arms while they suffer.

"Alexander, how do you ask me to stay and I'm the reason why one of you pack members died? People will hate me when they know that I'm the reason behind their loved ones being killed"

His eyes turned black and he growled loudly "If they have problem with you then they better come and say it in my face".

I sighed and caress his cheeks with both of my hands. He instantly relaxed but his eyes remained black.

I frowned and decided to try to ease him out of his mood. I gently pulled him down towards me and printed a quick kiss on his lips.

When I pulled away I searched his eyes and now they were back to blue.

I smiled to him satisfied that now he feels better.

"Why are you smiling" He asked narrowing his eyes on me.

I took a step back putting my arms behind me.
"Nothing" I said and bite onto my lips to prevent myself from laughing at his cute confused face.

"Relax Selena you're about to explode" he said rolling his eyes.

I released my laughter making him to stalk towards me, gulping I stopped laughing and took two more steps backwards until my legs hit the bed which made me fall backwards with a thud.

Alexander climbed the bed and boxed me with his arms, his face showed all kind of dirty thoughts that he is currently having inside his thick head.

He leaned down and my heart jumped, beating like there is no Tomorrow but before Alexander could even reach me the door got knocked.

Alexander groaned and pulled away heading to get the door.

I sit up quickly while Alexander opened the door just a crack of it.

"What!" Alexander barked.

Poor Nicholas, his brother is taking out his anger on him.

"Alex we have serious problems at the borders" Nicholas stated ignoring his brother outburst.

It has to be Edgar, he did something.

"Selena stay here" Alexander commanded me and turned to his brother "keep all the pack members inside the pack house and stay here to protect them. I can't trust anyone to protect my mate but you"

Nicholas nodded his head frankly with serious look in his eyes.

"Alexander wait" I said standing up and walking towards him.

He was about to protest with a very annoyed look, he must thought that I want to go with him. He opened his mouth to say something but I was faster.

"I know it's not safe for me to come with you you don't have to say it but please be careful" I hugged him tightly when he was practically just standing there.

He really didn't think that I would follow his wishes.

Alexander finally hugged me back and inhaled my scent. I really like it when he doesn't it, it makes me feel safe and wanted.

"Just stay close to Nicholas, I'll be fine. I'm taking Logan and Mathew with me" He said and left the room.

Edgar, what you're up to? I wish I can just erase you from the world.

I sighed and prayed that no one got hurt or else I don't know how to handle the guilt I'm feeling inside of me.