Chapter Twenty Five

Selena POV:

"Wake up" I opened my eyes slowly feeling someone's hand patting my cheeks.

"Here you go" Alexander said with a hint of smile on his lips but his eyes held fear and anger.

I looked around me and past Alexander's shoulders confused. No one was there, and I was lying down on our bed in Alexander's room.

"Where is the doctors? I'm not sick?" I asked feeling a little stupid but the word left my mouth and that's that.

He smirked and raised a brow "Why do you prefer to be sick?" He asked like if he was teasing but somehow I felt that he meant something else !

"No! Of course no but I wasn't feeling very well and I fainted out so I thought it would be logical to find myself in a hospital room" I rushed defensively.

The smirk on Alexander's lips disappeared "That would be the case if you weren't wearing the necklace" Alexander said sternly.

My nerves tensed and I swallow the fear that was building up inside me.

"I thought it was my last hope" I stated in weak voice.

Alexander's shoulders slumped down and he climbed the bed sitting next to me.

"Selena you're valuable to me, this necklace is taking your life energy and your wolf is fighting back but she's not strong enough" Alexander said, sympathy is all what I can hear.

I did this because of him, he didn't wants me, he refused to be with me, he is the one who made me feel unwanted.

"If the circumstances were different, the necklace wouldn't be my choice" I threw back aggressively.

The thought of losing my wolf is loathing me.

"WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES SELENA" Alexander shouted. My eyes widened and my arms floated up to my chest.

His eyes held anger and that scared me a lot, I don't want him to be back to the harsh Alpha I used to know.

My eyes start to water and a lump grew up in my throat.

"A circumstances were you reject me" I cracked and looked away from his eyes.

Alexander looked at me, his eyes shifting between my eyes and the necklace.

"I would never do that to you" Alexander said with a voice that seemed .. hurt?

"Not after trying it anyway" he concluded.

"Trying it? I had never rejected you" I said confused.

He looked at me and smiled. " I know baby you were very kind and strong to handle me without doing it "

He caressed my cheeks and his smile faded away. Exhaling, Alexander spoke with the most shocking news.

"I think it's the time for you to know about my past" He said looking at my eyes.

"Me not accepting my mate wasn't out of my arrogance but it came out because I couldn't believe that I have a new mate" He pauses and looked away.

I waited patiently for him to continue but his words that left his mouth made me anxious and confused.

I don't know if I'm really waiting patiently or my mouth had tongue tied.

"Jasmine, I mean my first mate had died due to an attack we were under"

Alexander now is pinching his nose and I can feel through the bond that it hurts him to talk about this subject or his mate to be precise.

"She died in my hands I .. I just didn't make it in time, before she pass away the last thing she said changed everything" His voice is getting darker like he was living the moments again.

" 'I Jasmine Neteronham reject you Alexander as my mate' .. she rejected me so I can have a second chance"

"Anger took over me and the pain of being rejected too. These two emotions were nothing comparing to the sadness and emptiness that I felt"

Alexander swallowed hard like he couldn't breath. His state ached my heart.

"I promised myself to not accept anyone else as my mate just to prove to her that she's my one and only mate"

My heart now aching because of his last words. It's not my fault that I'm his second chance. I didn't ask the moon goddess to take Jasmine's mate.

Hearing that he still love his mate is making my heart set on fire.

Even if she is his true, first mate but still I can't bear hearing that from him.

I swallowed the lump down and stood up. I can't hear more of it.

Yes my heart is broken for him but I need time to digest all of that.

Alexander held my wrist before I can take another step.

"But then you showed up and you proved me wrong"

"Seeing you made me feel like I was born again, your beautiful eyes, your small nose and pink lips drove me crazy each time I looked at you"

"I wasn't angry with you but I was angry with myself. I thought that I was betraying Jasmine and that wasn't true"

"Loving you Selena is what she wanted for me, she rejected me because she wanted me to live and be happy with someone else"

"It now when you were slipping away from me that I realized that loving you doesn't mean betraying anyone but its mean that you are so special that I could change for you"

Alexander finished and pulled me into a hug, he does that a lots and I love how he does it every time. I hugged him back and pulled away to look at him.

He has gone through hell and I'm determined to make up things for him.

I caress his cheeks and leaned down kissing his forehead.

" It's okay I'm here now and nothing can separate us anymore" Smiling, Alexander nodded his head and I rested my head on his chest enjoying the warmth of my mate.

________________________________
Please if you have suggestions or comments you can write it down, that will make me really happy. Don't forget to vote if you like this chapter❤️