Chapter Twenty Six

Alexander POV:

It's been two days and yet there was no single trace for that so called Edgar.

The message that he had sent was so clear. Alpha Edgar he is well known to be the most aggressive and savage man on our region.

I heard that him and his father were taking down the weaker packs, because they thought these packs are worthless and they bring shame upon the werewolves race.

All I know is if someone is bringing shame on our race its there pack.

Selena is hiding something but I don't know what is it exactly. Edgar referring to her as something he used to own is not normal, an Alpha like him should have found his mate already.

Destroying a lot of packs gave him the chance to travel much, why in earth he wants my mate.

The idea of losing her is enough to make my heart beats slower and for my legs to feel jello like.

Losing Jasmine made me a ruthless man but the kind and nice Alexander is still alive.

She died under treachery attack.not only me who lost his loved one that night, everyone lost something precious to their heart.

Mothers lost their sons and daughters, Mates lost each other but the most hurtful strike for the pack is losing their Luna.

"Alexander can you hear me?" Nicholas said, his eyes are worried.

I sighed and glanced around. We were looking for traces and I sent hunters on search campaign for the last two days to find anything that can lead us to Edgar.

The weird thing is, there was no scent on the message he had sent to me.

"It's okay Nicholas I was just thinking" I assured him nodding my head.

" The hunters are back but they came with empty hands, nothing is out there Alex and the men is tiered" and with that I looked at my men.

They were really sweaty and you can see bags under their eyes die to the lack of sleep.

"Okay guys we are heading back. Rest for now and I'll give you the orders when the time comes" I said through the pack link and in response I got 'Yes Alpha' back from all of them.

I shut the link and looked at Nicholas. " How did he make it? Is it even possible to hide your scent" I questioned.

"Only if he got help from a witch" he said back.

I scowled "Like we don't have enough problems"

Nicholas put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed a little "We can protect the pack and you will definitely protect your mate" he said with stern eyes.

"Definitely" I confirmed.

________

We walked our way back towards the pack land with Mathew and Mark along our side. The sky is getting darker and you can hear the chirping sounds of the birds.

The atmosphere was so peaceful except when we heard something coming our way and the bushes were moving ready to revel that anonymous person.

I couldn't smell their scent and this gave me a feeling that maybe it's one of Edgar group.

I glanced at Mathew and he nodded his head. He took a step forward and prepared himself to secure whoever come out so they get no chance to run away.

Someone did actually got out of the bushes and Mathew was fast enough to put him in the ground and secure his hands behind his back.

The person was wearing black and his hoodie was covering his head.

Mathew removed the hoodie and ...

"Selena what are you doing here!" I was in total shock.

How come I didn't feel the bond between us or even catch her scent.

"Thank goddess it you" She said with weak voice and unsettled feature consuming her face.

Mathew immediately pulled her up and took a step back giving her a comfortable space in respect for his Luna.

She walked towards me and it's then when I caught her scent, it was so weak that if I wasn't an Alpha I would probably miss it.

"Why are out here in the open? It's too risky for you to be here exposing yourself to Edgar" I scolded her as she was my child not my mate.

She was looking at me but not really seeing me, it's like she had seen a ghost.

"Selena!" I called her name hoping that she will come out of her daze.

"Huh?"

Is she serious?

"Come on let's get you home" I sighed and took her hand on mine.

We weren't really walking side by side, for me it felt more like I was tugging her.

Something is off with her and I need to know what's going on in her mind.

The look in her eyes gave me the feeling that she feel lost or lonely. It upsets me to know that she feels like that while I'm here next to her.

She can simply turn her head towards me and talk.

' I'm not going to rush her or embarrass her in front of Nicholas, Mark and Mathew.

So I'll wait till we reach our room to talk without the fear of getting her uncomfortable.

Yes that seems like a good plan'

Oh Selena, I'm talking to myself. You made me a maniac and you don't even know.

How innocent you are.

______________________________
This is the end of this chapter. Comments your thoughts about where is the story going and if you liked Alexander's POV.

Should I write more? Or stick to Selena POV

THANKS!