Chapter Sixteen

Stella broke the wall I built to block the pain and she howled in agony. I thought that I'll cry or I won't survive seconds after I said the words I just said but instead I felt empty, the butterflies that used to make me feel happy in a weird way are no longer there.

Emptiness is what inside me and it's swallowing me slowly. It appears that I emptied my tears tank because I didn't feel the urge to cry.

"Alexander reject me now" I demand when the so called mate was hovering over me with no words attempting to come out of his mouth. Only his eyes spoke about the anger inside of him.

This the first time he let go of his mask. Too late, now I don't want to read him. He didn't understand how much I needed him before but now there is no way that I'm gonna let him misunderstand my two words.

Minutes passed by with thick tension in the air, you could hear a needle if it fell in the ground.

"You think rejection is a way out but if I rejects to you Selena ... if I rejects you the only way you're gonna walk through is hill and then die. You're blinded by anger that why I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear what you just said" his words fanned my face angrily, dangerously hot.

His closeness setting me on fire.

I challengingly gazed at his eyes, his eyes were black with anger and alot of other emotions but I knew better than believe that he's affected.

It's the mate bond and his wolf what keeping him attached to me. His look was too intense, like he was looking through my soul but failed to read me.

"You're mine and don't think that it's going to change anytime soon"

He pointed his index to my head and tapped two times.

"Put that in your mind Selena" He said that and wanted to walk out the room when I stopped him.

"Then what happen next is upon you ... Alexander" I said. Not addressing him by Alpha anymore. I wanted him to know I'm no longer under him and I'm for sure not going to follow his commands.

He didn't turned around to face me. He just tilted his head to the side and when I finished talking he resumed his path walking out my room.

I stood there trying to process everything when the pain in my stomach came back.

I took the necklace from my bed and looked at it hesitatingly.

This beautiful necklace may be the end of me but right now it's the only way to my salvation.

sighing, I took a deep breath then I wore the necklace.

I expect to feel some kind of affection because of it but I didn't. The pain had disappeared so I assumed that it does really work.

"Selena!" Lisa entered my room terrified, her eyes landed on me and she immediately relaxed.

"Your scent is all over the house, Alex told everyone to go outside and when he got out he told me to check on you" she was rambling breathlessly.

"Yah, I was in my heat" I told her sitting on my bed.

"Was?" she repeated, confused.

"Lisa, I told Alexander to reject me" I said exhaling.

"You what!" Lisa said, her hands on her mouth.

"Selena are you out of your mind!" she yelled.

I just stared at her blankly. Her face softened looking at me with pity. "Okay tell me first about you heat, what do you mean it 'was' your heat?" she asked.

"You know that things between you and your brother had never been good and it won't be so I used a trick to overcome the heat"

"A trick? I don't like the sound of that" she mumbled with one raised brow.

"The necklace I'm wearing will help me along my heat" I added.

"Selena this isn't a trick this is magic, I'm not a kid you can't fool me" Lisa said putting her hand on my arm moving it up and down.

"Look I don't care about Alexander, he's a jerk for not accepting his mate but I'm worried about you, I don't want you to get hurt" she then hugged me.

"I'm not fooling you plus it's safe don't worry" I lied but that's only because I don't want her to worry about me.

"Okay, I won't ask you why you told Alex to reject you but I have to tell you that I will never allow such a thing to happen" she pulled away and smirked.

"In fact I'm gonna let him fall in your feet" she said with her chest out and a hand on her waist.

"Lisa no-" I was cut short "ah ah ah miss Selena you can not change my mind don't waist your time" she giggled and stood up taking me with her on our feet.

"Now let's the game begin" she stated and walked me out the room, down the stairs and outside the pack house.

"Now before we walked out any further, I just have to tell you that with this thin shirt you'll definitely have a goosebumps" she smiled biting her lips and then with one tug she walked us out of te pack house.

In front of me was the most beautiful thing that I really missed. It was snowing, winter is finally here. The ground is beautifully white.

Everyone was happily looking to the sky feeling the snow falling right on their face. Kids were running around screaming something sounded so nonsense to me.

The view made me so happy, a feeling that I really missed inside of me. This white covered ground oozing a nice energy to me and I couldn't help but smile widely.

"Selena" I looked for the source of the voice and saw Adam. "Don't you think it's time for me to take revenge?" He smirked, his voice was challenging.

It took me one minute to get what he just said and when it hit me I smirked too. "Bring it on" I said and began running.

_______________________________