Chapter Twenty Four

Selena POV:

Almost all of the pack members are inside the pack house, those who have their own house are staying inside of it too.

Murmur is all what I hear, people are wondering what is all that about and why they have been asked to stay inside?

"Are you okay?" I flinched when Nicholas voice suddenly came from behind me.

"Yes I'm just thinking" I told him with a small smile.

He nodded his head and shifted his gaze to the crowd around us.

I don't know why but I'm feeling uneasy inside my stomach and the air seemed to be hotter around me.

It has to be the tension that I'm going through and the idea of Edgar coming to me made me feel uncomfortable.

I sighed and shrugged my uneasiness away.

A man came towards Nicholas with an angry face "Why are you keeping us here? We have the right to know what is going on in our pack land"

The man was shouting at Nicholas like he was the reason of the danger! Nicholas in the other side was very calm which confused me to be honest.

If I were him I would probably pick a fight with this man.

"Calm down Jacob my brother and the pack warriors are trying their best to figure everything out, trust your Alpha" Nicholas said to this man so called Jacob.

Jacob scoffed "Trust my Alpha? I would trust him for sure if I knew that he is not under control of his mate. He is no longer that wise Alpha we knew" The man spoke with pure hatred towards me.

It really hurts to see the people who should love me as their Luna looking at me like that.

I don't really think that Alexander is any weaker than before! He is a strong man and a wise one too.

If not he wouldn't think of his people safety right after he knew there is something out there threatening them!

"Jacob" Nicholas suddenly said with a hard voice.

"Respect your Alpha and know your place" For the first time, I saw Nicholas using his Alpha voice.

Jacob lowered his head and backed off. After all Nicholas is an Alpha too.

The problem is what did Jacob just said affected people around us. I can hear my name running through their conversations.

"She's trying to make our Alpha weak"

"She's not suppose to be his mate!"

"She's a nobody"

"How do they except us to respect her!"

"She is a rogue"

I sighed and closed my eyes. I don't know what to do and Alexander doesn't want me to leave the pack. I need to find a solution soon.

"Don't listen to them, they are clueless" Mama Bee came to the view as soon as I opened my eyes.

He face held a soft smile that I can trust. "You are more than what they say about you but they just don't know that yet"

She said and hugged me to her chest. I exhale a long breath and hugged her back. "Thank you Mama Bee"

Mama Bee suddenly placed her palm over my forehead. "You're burning!" she exclaimed.

"What? I'm wearing the necklace there is no way that it's my heat" I explained and at the same time a sharp pain in my stomach came to me.

I whined clutching my stomach, my knees felt like jello and I feel on the ground, Nicholas is quick to catch me before my head hits the floor.

"What's happening Mama Bee?" I looked up to meet her eyes, her face was terrible like she knew what's wrong with me.

She was saying something but I couldn't hear her voice. I looked over to Nicholas with panic controlling every vine in me.

He was patting my cheeks saying something and I think he was saying don't close your eyes?

With that I really felt my eyelids going heavy and slowly I couldn't resist to not close them.

It's getting hard to breath and I don't know if I'm dying or I'll wake up if I closed my eyes.

My shallow breaths is all what I can hear and the slow rate of my heart.

Nicholas scooped me up and into his arms.

I'm struggling to keep my eyes open but I can't.
They can't stay open no matter how hard I try to.

I can smell the delicious scent of my mate and with that I knew I'm safe.

I closed my eyes finally in defeat. Alexander will keep me safe. He is the only one I can trust my life with.

The last thing I remember before closing my eyes completely is Nicholas handing me over to Alexander and my beautiful mate's eyes meeting mines for spilt of a second.

________________________________
This somewhat a short chapter I know but I had to end it here, hope you enjoy reading it ☺️❤️