Chapter Nine

I wanted to ask what does he mean by that but Lisa spoke before I could say anything.

"Nick please talk to Alexander he's not allowing me to go anywhere and it's really getting on my nerves" Lisa pouts looking up to Alpha Nicholas.

Alpha Nicholas rolled his eyes "You escaped the last time he said no and got yourself caught by rogues how did you expect him to react? of course he'll refuse to give you what you want" He scolds.

Is that how she came to the dungeon back then? I never asked her about it and now knowing the reason I just couldn't believe it.

The urge to laugh about how ironic is that took over me and I couldn't contain my laughter.

Both Lisa and Alpha Nicholas looked at confused

"What's so funny?" Alpha Nicholas asked.

"Yeh what's so funny?" Lisa repeated.

"It's just I don't know, We were in that dungeon for three years and no one care about us but you Lisa just because you wanted to go shopping it was the reason why am here now" I explained.

Alpha Nicholas looked at me and his eyes seemed as if he could see through me, eventually he gave me a small smile.

I averted my eyes elsewhere, embarrassed to talk freely like that in front on him.

"You were in a dungeon? why?" He asked and put his hands on his pockets.

"Long story" I said and pursed my lips prying that he will leave it as it is at least for now.

"Nicholas" Lisa said catching his attention.

Alpha Nicholas eyes left mine and then he looked at Lisa raising a brow.

"I want you to come with me to Alexander and ask him the permission to let us go camping" Lisa said putting her hands on her waist looking at her brother.

Alpha Nicholas narrowed his eyes on her and stayed silent and they just stood there glaring at each other.

"You won't let me say no right?" He asked and she gave him a node.

He ran his fingers through his hair and tugged on it. "Okay let's go" he said but before Lisa had the chance to leave the room he ruffled her hair.

"Nick!" Lisa whined.

"What I didn't come back from my vacation because I miss you" he chuckled.

"Whatever" Lisa murmured and walked out of the room Alpha Nicholas following her.

I just stood there and when I was about to leave Alpha Nicholas came to my view.

I gasped "Alpha you scared me" I said putting my hands on my chest.

He frowned "Just call me Nicholas or Nick" he said and I nodded my head.

"Why did you come back?" I asked.

Wasn't he supposed to be with Lisa?

"I came back to get you, we are going to your mate and you want to stay behind?" he asked with raised brow.

I signed and looked up to meet his eyes "Our relationship is not like what you think Alpha" I said and he gave me a pointed look.

"Nicholas I mean" I correct myself smiling at him.

"Better" he said satisfied.

"What do you mean it's not like what I think?" he asked.

"We don't have this kind of affection that mates have " I said and he raised a brow like he still didn't get it "agh he hates me okay" I said and released a long breath.