Chapter Thirteen

"Selena?" Adam voice echoed through the forest and I could hear his footsteps coming closer to us.

Blinking the tears away, I looked to Alpha Alexander again "You'll regret this, and when you do I'm not sure that I will be welling to give you another chance" I told him confidently.

His eyes widened a bit, they were staring at me as if he was trying to look at my soul, calculating something in his ambiguous mind.

"You-" He wanted to say something pointing his index finger at me but was cut off by Adam appearance.

"Selena? what's going on" Adam questioned looking between me and Alpha Alexander.

I ducked down Alpha Alexander caging arms and walked to Adam.

Adam was looking at me closely, watching my every move. I took his hand in mine and walked away tugging him along with me.

We heard a throaty growl coming from the Alpha behind us which made Adam stiff and slow down.

He was surprised by my actions but didn't say anything, thankfully.

Adam wanted to turn around and look at Alpha Alexander but I stopped him.

"don't" I said blankly making him sighed "Okay princess" he said and rubbed circles on my hand.

We walked to our camp in silence. Adam didn't ask me anything yet. He's my friend and I feel bad for not telling him about me and Alpha Alexander.

"Adam" I called him catching his attention.

"Yes princess?" he said with a warm smile on his face.

It's melted my heart and at the same time made me my heart aches guiltily.

"I need to tell something that I've been hiding it from you" I looked at him too meet his confused face.

We came to a stop as we looked in each other eyes. "Alpha Alexander is my mate" I confess and guilty looking down.

He tilted my head back forcefully, my eyes tears up when I saw his smile. He didn't mind that I didn't tell him something this important.

"I already know princess" he said softly making me frown at him. "How?" I asked making his smile widened. "You behave differently around him" he told me softly with sad eyes.

I hugged him and cried my feelings out, what Alpha Alexander said to is to heavy and I can't really share it with anybody but Adam.

Lisa is his sister and I don't want her to see her brother differently. Adam rubbed circles on my back and slowly my cries turned into hiccups and finally I relaxed in his arms.

We heard footsteps and the scent of Alpha Alexander hit my nostrils. I pulled away from Adam but he wrapped his arm securely around me.

Alpha Alexander came to view and when his eyes landed on us they turned black instantly.

"Go to your tents pups" Alpha Alexander growled, his voice leaked authorities.

Both of me and Adam bowed our head in submission. He walked past us leaving us behind.

Adam cursed something under his breath making me look up at him. He was sending daggers to Alpha Alexander. His eyes is dark with anger.

"Adam don't he will feel your stare, I don't want you to get in trouble because of me" I told Adam sliding my hand up and down his arm.

He closed his eyes and sighed and when he opened them they were back to their normal color.

"Let's go" he said grabbing my hand and walking back to the camp.

Alpha Alexander was waiting for us leaning in a tree, when he saw us he pushed himself off and crossed his arms.

"What took you so long?" he asked demanding answers.

"Nothi-" Adam was cut off by a low growl erupted from Alpha Alexander "Good night Adam" he told Adam glaring at him challengingly. Adam clenched his hands taking the message for him to leave us alone.

"Selena I'll wait for you in your tent" Adam said looking at Alpha Alexander, he wants him to know that he'll always be next to me rather Alpha Alexander like it or not.

I signed nodding my head. Alpha Alexander growled one last time impatiently at Adma which he finally walked away.

"Now, What took you so long" He asked again his face inching closer to mine. "What are you doing" I said shoving him away.

"You smell like him" He said bitterly. I averted my eyes elsewhere not looking at him.

"Look at me and answer my question now" he shouted making my jump back in fear.

"He was comforting me while its supposed to be your job, so don't go growling at us angry about something you couldn't do your self while Adam gave it to nicely" I fired at him feeling my hand shaking.

He was taking back about what I said. I didn't wait for him to say or do something. I walked away leaving him behind me.

My wolf kept growling at me telling me to go back and apologize.

'Stella stopped it' I scowled her shutting the link off.

I know she's afraid that our mate is going to hate us but .. doesn't he already do?

My heart felt like someone was squeezing the life out of it. It felt like it was bleeding and it's slowly killing me inside.

My eyes burning from the heat of my tears.

I hate him but I'm crazily afraid of losing him.

didn't I already lose him?

I lost him the day I met him. He was never mine and I'm starting to believe he will never be mine.

With trembling lips I swallowed the lump in my throat.

I looked up the sky meeting the stars. I closed my eyes and the tears ran down my cheeks.

"Please moon goddess, if I'll never be with my mate, take my life right here and right now. I can't take this anymore please" I prayed silently feeling the wind caressing me, making a goosebumps run down my spine.

My tears stopped falling and I opened my eyes.

The clouds dissipate away revealing the moon.

It was the full moon today and that reminded me of something.

My heat cycle is supposed to be after every full moon.

Great just great.

_______________________________