9. Surprise, Surprise

Things End, but memories last forever...

***

Arden

I sighed as I walked into the house. I dropped my bag on the floor. Yes, I still lived at home and honestly, I didn't have a problem with that.

I was going to University next year anyway. Sometimes I worried if attending school was going to get in the way of training. But, there was a part of me that knew I could handle it, and everything would be fine.

After Zane, Perri and I met for in the Summit room this afternoon, I came straight home. Perri had a predicament that he brought up and thought it would be wise to bring it to the gods- which I totally agree with.

Then again, there are some things that I know we could handle ourselves as disparates. But the situation Perri brought up, had to be brought to the gods. It just did. In the future, we will soon be the ones to handle all the predicaments to occur.

Yikes, I needed to take a quick nap or something, I was starting to get a bit of a headache. I tried to push out all the stress of today out my head. Perri being with us from now on -wasn't all that bad, Zane's weird behavior and apparently there's something going on between Ace and Armani.

They've been disagreeing a lot lately, that's all. But, they'll be fine, they'll work everything out like they always do. I took my hair and separated it in three as I started to braid it.

I made my way upstairs and flicked on all the lights because it was a habit. My mom wasn't here, she was out, meaning I was home alone.

I shrugged off the jacket on my shoulders, preparing to literally fall into bed. This nap awaits. As I walked into my room and clicked the light on, I stood frozen of what was straight in front of me.

I paused in the doorway at the sight of someone sitting on my bed. A good seven feet away at the edge of my bed, a male sat there but I couldn't see his face.

I didn't notice him right away, all that was flooding through my mind was perplexion, utter shock, and my heart immediately began to race as I recognized him.

No fucking way.

When he turned around, my breath caught in my throat. He looked different from the last time I laid eyes on him. His hair was longer but styled in the same strange fashion. He seemed....bigger as well. He wore a grey shirt with something written on it with dark pants. It's almost as if his facial features changed, but they didn't. His face was still structured like I remembered and his dark eyes pierced directly into mine.

My eyes wide, my body unmoving, and I wasn't breathing...I was in complete shock. My mind was in a frenzy, too crazy to understand or control- I didn't know what to do.