48. Reappearing Reprobate

Bigger, better, faster, stronger- yeah, see I ain't just a talker -Jojo S.

***

Zane

I paused and let go of her throat, still glaring. "Get me out of here."

Johanna rubbed her throat and smiled. "This is one place you can't escape, sweetheart." Johanna came up to me and my body froze as she wrapped her arms around my neck, locking her fingers behind me. She was shorter than me and I had to look down at her. I felt her fingers running through my hair. At this moment, I felt conflicted and somewhat trapped. At this moment, she was making my body feel all types of ways.

I didn't want that.

Her bright blue eyes were staring into mine intently, keeping me out. Johanna began to whisper, and she was close. Too close. Her smell was throttling me- sweet and like jasmine. "No matter how hard you try." Her lips were brushing against mine, but I didn't move, I didn't touch her back. "But it can stop. If you'd just understand what it takes for the rebirth, it could all stop...and end with me."

I shook my head and Jo pulled back a little, looking up at me. "No more heartbreak, no pain, drama, or hurt." I shook my head.

"Zane...we can be unstoppable." She spoke softly.

My head continued to shake. "No." Johanna gave me a pointed look. "I said No!" I took my hands and shoved her away with a lot of strength.

I felt my back hit something hard and my vision went out. I immediately perked up and opened my eyes to see a bunch of people hovering over me. I couldn't breathe and I gasped for air. As I caught my breath, I realized that it was my friends surrounding me.

I was in my hotel room, on my bed and my body was drenched in sweat. "Zane, Zane." I heard Ali's voice trying to get my attention.

"We need to give him some time to calm down. His heart rate is too fast."

I felt a hand on my arm and turned to Armani. "The boys told us about what happened on the beach. Are you okay?" I nodded. I groaned when she hit me hard at the back of my head.

"Mani-"

"You idiot." She told me sternly as she gave me a sad look. "Why would you open the damn envelope?"

I sighed and opened my mouth only to be silent. "Technically, we told him to open it." Perri piped up.

Armani shook her head. "What happened, Zane?" Nikki asked. "Did she-" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, she did," I answered. I sat up in the bed, and leaned against the headboard, groaning as I still felt a little dizzy. "How long was I out?" I asked. It seemed short like she only had me in there for ten minutes. Wherever I was. How'd she do it anyway?