27. Headache

I like to pretend that headaches are my memories are fighting each other...

***

Arden

I sat at the round table tapping my finger on the desk. I sat listening to Ace in front of me as he explained a bizarre dream he had.

"It was all dark and humid, I could barely see, and I'm telling you Arden, it felt too weird..." I studied him as he spoke. His hair was slightly crazy and hectic- almost like he didn't have time to style it in the way he always did. Luckily for Ace, it still looked pretty decent. Under his eyes were a bright red color and his eyes were narrowed. It was like he barely got any sleep last night.

"What happened?" I asked. Ace leaned forward as he recalled his dream. "I think...I think we were in the underworld and we were all together...but yet separate- there were walls dividing us. I think we were in a maze."

A maze...what?

"For some reason, we were all divided but we were looking for something. Something specific and I could tell we were struggling."

I was quiet before replying to Ace. "Was the dream specific? Like, was it detailed?"

Ace nodded. "Too detailed. There was also this song or lyric I had in my head and it was...I kept repeating it."

"Did we find what we were looking for?" Ace shook his head.

"Nope. The dream was basically pure senses."

I clawed at my thighs under the table. What the hell is happening to all of us? Lately, the number of visions and dreams have been increasing. Every night, I re-live a flashback of some terrible thing that has happened to me, whether it be Aspasia or the feeling of having the living shit beat out of me.

It made me angry all over again but I forced myself to try to maintain it, not think about it, forget about it. But, I couldn't forget about it. Every freaking six hours I imagine or think about something crazy.

"I'm starting to worry, Arden." Ace sighed. "Ali said he experienced the moment where Nikki was knocked out and taken by Hayden and Nate. Armani has been spacing out, thinking about who the hell knows. As soon as she comes back down to earth, she can't remember-"

"Can't remember?"

"I know when she's lying, Arden. It's like she goes to a completely different world."

Different world- I thought about the perspective of Zane and Hayden. The day I came to Green Brook, that very day I met everyone, they already had planned to stop me at something I didn't even know I was going to do.

I thought about the possibilities.

"Something's going on, Arden." Ace mumbled.

"I know, I know." I whispered. I took my hands and placed them on top of my head trying to prevent the migraine I knew was about to come anyway. "We're going to figure it out, okay. We always do."