45. Zeus and Hera Part 1

Marriage is an adventure, like going to work...

***

Hera stood outside the palace, the breeze blowing on her dress swiftly. As she looked over the city of Athens from above, she was wearing a frown.

Behind her, an empty bedroom was quiet. The balcony she was on was made of pure white marble. The floors, walls, and pillars didn't compare to any palace in the cosmos. The palace was grand and filled with many treasures, jewels, statues, portraits...and most important, secrets.

But they weren't really secrets, were they? Almost everyone on Olympus knew what the King was up to. Everyone knew that Zeus has started to stray. It was clear that he wasn't busy all the time. He had only made time for his mistresses, and no more for his wife.

Hera pursed her lips as she gazed over the city. Zeus was probably somewhere, lurking in one of these houses, pleasuring some random mortal to who has no significance. Some woman who probably had children unaware of their mother's infidelity. Her husband was most likely out working. Working hard for his family that was secretly being torn apart. The thought agitated her and her lips set back into a frown.

Hera already had thoughts about how she could... 'fix' it.

Her blonde hair fell down to her back as she released the pink flower holding it together. Here, she was waiting for her king, patiently. What was she going to do when he reached home?

Her eyes turned completely red as she felt anger course through her body. All she could feel was rage and the entire palace set in the sky began to shake. It trembled tremendously before Hera took a deep breath and relaxed. The palace stopped shaking and she clicked her tongue.

After a while, she felt a presence behind her. A striking feeling went through her body, the source of the warmness was her chest.

"Damn the Heartfire," She thought. There was no way there was still love in this marriage. Not after the unfaithfulness occurring for weeks now. How could Zeus possibly feel some kind of affection for her if he was screwing around all of Greece? "Hello, darling."

She lifted her lips into a tiny smile and turned around to face her husband. Zeus stood in the middle of the large bedroom, looking at his wife. He was dressed in his white robe, tied around his waist and hanging off his torso. His physique stood out profoundly and Hera felt the attraction she did for him more than a thousand years ago. He was truly a god- beautiful. However, she also had the urge to strike him repeatedly.

Zeus smiled at his wife, trying to forget about where he had just been and what he had just done. But how could he? It was a very memorable moment. "My love," Zeus started. "I take it everything went well today?" Hera nodded.