53. Family Relations

oikogéneia prin apó otidípote

***

Arden

"Does it say anything about what happened to Hera?" Camilla asked.

Hayden found a journal that belonged to Circe. It had events and dates listed back from BC. Apparently, with the Fates' help, Circe has been able to track and write about all the events dealing with the gods and other mythical creatures.

Hayden nodded. "Apparently, Hera let her jealousy take control for a long time and spent over a century torturing, tormenting, and preying on those who were guilty and innocent."

"Guilty and innocent?" I asked. Hayden nodded. "She probably went after those who were unfaithful in Athens. Those who committed adultery and lechery."

"Yeah." Perri sounded beside Hayden. "Hera supposedly said that those who betrayed their own marriage mocked herself and all that she stood for. She took it personally and made it her mission to punish them all."

"Yikes," Ali mumbled. "That was almost your mother, dude." He gave Zane a pointed look. He returned the gaze with a glare.

"So, the question we still don't have the answer to..." Nikki sat on the table, twisting her body towards the boys holding the book. "What happened to Hera?"

"Circe wrote that one day Hera put Zeus over the edge. He was already fed up with her and her cruel ways- he feared what would happen if he tried to stop her. She also wrote that even though he didn't admit it, he felt guilty of the things he did to her-"

"If one of you don't get to the damn point, I will shove the fucking journal up your ass," Zane grumbled, rubbing between his closed eyes.

"Alright, alright," Hayden waved him off. "She pushed him over the edge- he had enough- decided to punish her....it say that Zeus did, in fact, banish her..."

"Yeah, she was kicked off Olympus and drained of most of her power. She was stripped of her title as Queen of the gods, and she was never to return."

"Zeus really banished her." Ace stated.

We all just thought the idea was a rumor. It made sense, but there was no way of actually proving what happened to her. The gods never spoke about her, and it seemed they wanted to forget about the old queen.

Johanna wanted her crown back. Or what she thinks is her crown. That's why she has so much hate for me. As I'd eventually develop and take my mother's place on Olympus, like my other executives said- I will be queen of the gods. Johanna obviously feels like things should return back to the way it was. Hera as queen. And if my theory is correct, Johanna was Hera's daughter- and like the rest of us, she is planning to eventually take her place on Olympus. However, I'm pretty sure I'm standing in the way of her crown...and her king.