58. Ablaze

Ablaze (Adj.) - 1.Burning Fiercely 2. Very brightly Colored 3. Filled with anger or another strong emotion

 Filled with anger or another strong emotion

***

Zane

I stared at the girl in front of me expectantly. Her identity still unknown- I took in her appearance. She was sort of tall, about Arden's height. She had light brown skin and dark hair that surrounded her head in strands. Her eyes were a chocolate color and she hugged one of the books that didn't fall close to her chest.

It was clear that this girl was nervous or worried about something. But what? Was she the only one in the library? And why was she here?

Of course, I'd be open to any normal possibilities but I couldn't really take anything lightly anymore. I was slightly paranoid. The fact that this girl was in Hadrian's Library the same time we were here...it automatically made me suspicious. What if she was with Jo?

Her 'people' have been known to show at times when we'd least expect it. The cramped, meager passageway we stood in smelled like earth and dirt. The walls were made of what looked like old cement and soil. There were small fire-torches on the walls giving a little light.

I stood here waiting for the girl in front of me to reply. I asked for her name a while ago, and it seemed she was having a small panic-attack. It seemed she was scared to reveal her identity. The girl didn't seem over the age of twenty-five.

Ali, Nikki, Arden, and Perri were quiet behind me, also waiting for her response. I raised an eyebrow at the girl's silence. Her eyes scanned all of us warily and the silence was killing me.

"You want to tell us your name?" Nikki asked behind me. I could hear the slight irritation in her voice. I could only imagine her with her arms crossed.

The young girl in front of us looked at her and hesitated before she answered. "Um...I-Um, I'm Harper." She answered.

Harper...

The name instantly came to mind. During that vision of Arden and Hayden in the underworld, Hayden mentioned a Harper. If that vision was true, meeting this girl wasn't a coincidence.

I caught Arden's gaze swiftly and I could tell she was thinking about the same thing. "Did you say Harper?" The girl bit her lip and nodded faintly. She was fidgeting with her hands and the book against her chest.

"We didn't mean to scare you, Harper." Perri stepped forward. "We just heard someone down this hallway and just came to see." Harper nodded her head again.

"No problem." She answered. She spoke english but her greek accent was thick. Her voice was sweet and gentle and it seemed like she wouldn't hurt a damn fly. But I was still curious.