84. Figment

Damn frustrating that you think I could never make it; look who's standing right in front of you. Yes, it's me. What are you doing? Did you think you would see me ruin? After all the shit I've been through. I'm a soul survivor, I made it through the fire...

 I'm a soul survivor, I made it through the fire

***

Arden

Come on, come on, come on....

You can do it, you can do it...

Try harder....just a little harder.

I practically bellowed out, my hardest and loudest scream since birth as I lifted myself of the precipice. Raising myself, my arms quivered- and any moment now, they could literally break in half. With a grimace on my face, I settled and propped my elbows on the flat surface, far away enough from the edge, half my torso was flat. I then dragged myself on my stomach- screaming- which hurt like a bitch.

I dragged myself, my body rubbing against the now warm ground. The light from the fires around me flickered on my face and I heaved once I was completely on the ground- my converse covered toes were literally the only things hanging off the cliff. I forced myself to roll over, my eyes popped and my teeth clenched as I turn on my back. I groaned as I touched the wound on my stomach. Why wasn't this son of a bitch healing?

I remembered the two people behind me and I willed myself to move. Trying my best to ignore the excruciating pain, I sat up and pulled myself up on my feet. I turned around and began making my way to Harper, who was still in her kneeling and crying position.

I knew I was on a time limit so I tried my best to hurry. I wasn't moving as fast as I wanted but...hey.

Holding my stomach, I speed-walked to her. I bent down to her level and tried to make eye contact with her. "Harper, Harper- What Happened? What did she do?"

She wouldn't answer. She only shook her head and kept sobbing.

"Harper, please," I begged her. I rested a hand on her shoulder. Her hair ran down her face in strands and she shook her head. "I can't."

"You can't-"

"I can't. I can't. She-she took- she- took- she took everything. I c-can't- I can- Can't- I can't-"