10. Confrontation

Hello everyone. I hope you liked the last chapter- Hayden is back, Yayy! Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing?  Anyway, i'm trying to be equal in terms of Point Of View. I feel like its been mostly of Zane's perspective.  So....
**

I don't avoid confrontation, everyone should know that

***

Zane

I sat at table with the big book in front of me. It's become easier to read ancient and modern greek. I understand most of it. I was studying these spells and enchantments in front of me when I felt something.

In my chest.

I looked up from the book and looked around the room -which was empty. The fire in my chest flickered...but..it burned. What? It flickered again and I cursed. Almost like it was scorching me.

What the hell?

Is Arden-

"Zane!" I heard her voice before I saw her or felt her. In a matter of seconds, I was pressed up against the wall of the room I was in and In front of me was Arden. An angry Arden.

Furious even.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What's wrong with her?

Her scent immediately filled my nose and my urges slowly started to rise. Arden was frowning at me, her eyes glowing a bright and beautiful blue. Her hand was fisted tightly in my shirt and her hold was strong against me, keeping me against the wall.

"Arden, what the-"

"You bastard!" She cursed at me. My eyes widened at her tone.

"Whoa," I held onto her wrist. "What's gotten into you?" I asked, looking into her eyes that were still shifted. I could break away from Arden if I wanted, it wouldn't be easy, but I could.

But, what was she all worked up about?

"What's gotten into me?" She repeated with anger laced in her voice. Her eyes returned to normal. "More like what's gotten into my room!" She screamed.

She moved to the side and I instantly got a view of Hayden.

Aw, fuck. He was holding something next to his left eye and I'm pretty sure it was an ice pack. Realization came to me and I put the pieces together. Shit, I forgot Hayden was going to...

I knew Arden was going to be upset, however i'm not understanding why she's crossed with me right now. Of all people.

She looked back at me with a cold glare. Yikes, she was mad as hell. "You knew he was coming back...and you didn't tell me?" She seethed out. "Are you kidding me?!"

I opened my mouth to say something meeting her gaze with a soft one. "Listen, Arden. We weren't allowed to tell you. If we did-"

"Yeah, that wouldn't be good." I heard Hayden's voice and I narrowed my eyes at him. His hair was different from when I saw him this morning. Instead of styled on top at the front, his hair fell in front of his forehead, in straight stands. He gave off the aura of a rocker.